- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 15oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 small yellow onion, cut into big chunks
- 1/2 green pepper, deseeded and cut into big chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (sub tamari for GF)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- In a food processor, blend oats until fine.
- Add in half of black beans, onion, pepper, and garlic. Pulse until just combined, not too long because you do not want it to turn into mush. I pulsed 6 times.
- Pour mixture into bowl. Add in rest of black beans, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in gently until well combined. Let sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Form into 6-8 patties.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately.
Category: dinner, lunch, meal-prep, gluten-freeMethod: stovetopCuisine: AmericanDiet: Vegan