Six ingredient Buffalo chicken meatballs make the perfect game time appetizer! These are a healthy whole30 and paleo version made with minced green onion, almond flour, and buffalo sauce, topped with a homemade blue cheese dressing.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 + 1/2 cup hot sauce (I used Franks) (the 1/3 cup will be used in the meatballs and 1/2 cup for tossing)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Blue Cheese Dip:
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp white or red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, egg, almond flour, 1/3 cup hot sauce, green onion, and garlic powder. I used my hand to do this!
- With about 2 tablespoons of meat, roll into balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 400.
- Take out of oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss in 1/2 cup of hot sauce.
- For the blue cheese dip: whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve blue cheese dip alongside meatballs or drizzled on top.
- Category: dinner, lunch, snacks
Keywords: superbowl recipes, healthy superbowl recipes, buffalo chicken meatballs, healthy buffalo chicken meatballs, gluten-free meatballs