Healthy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are made with six ingredients. Whole30, gluten-free, and Paleo-approved, these delicious meatballs are the perfect finger food and game day appetizer!
The most delicious healthy meatballs
Forget everything you know about buffalo wings, because today we’re revamping the classic recipe into one that is cleaner, easier, and just as delicious!
I bring you: healthy buffalo chicken meatballs! Using the classic buffalo chicken wing concept, these meatballs are made using minimal, wholesome ingredients. They’re made with almond flour, which is a much healthier alternative to all-purpose flour. Don’t worry, they’re still absolutely overflowing with delicious buffalo flavor!
Everyone loves wings during football season, but meatballs kind of get overlooked! I’m here to change that. The next time you attend a football party, tailgate, or casual friend get together, you need to take this meatball recipe! Paired with my delicious blue cheese dip, your friends will be talking about this dish for months.
Ingredients used to make buffalo meatballs with blue cheese dip
These meatballs only require 6 ingredients to make! They’re quite simple. If you’d like to make the blue cheese dip as well (100% recommended – it’s delicious), you’ll need just six more.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs:
- Ground chicken
- Almond flour
- Hot sauce
- Green onion
- Garlic powder
Blue Cheese Dip:
- Blue Cheese
- Almond Milk
- Greek yogurt
- White or red wine vinegar
- Garlic powder
Kitchen tools needed to make buffalo meatballs and blue cheese dip
You’ll only need a handful of items to make both the meatballs and the dip. Here’s a quick list:
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Two mixing bowls
- Mixing spoon
- Small dip bowl
How to make meatballs with buffalo chicken
Buffalo chicken meatballs are very, very, easy to make. All you do is mix all of the ingredients, form the mixture into individual ball shapes, bake, and dip in hot sauce! You’ll need about 45 minutes, including baking time. Here are some detailed instructions to walk you through the process:
To start these meatballs, preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix the chicken, egg, almond flour, 1/3 cup hot sauce, green onion, and garlic powder. I used my hands to do this.
Using about 2 tbsp of meat at a time, roll into separate balls and place them on the baking sheet.
Next, bake for 18 minutes.
Take the meatballs out of the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
Next, toss in 1/2 cup of hot sauce.
In a clean bowl, whisk together the blue cheese dip ingredients.
Finally, serve the blue cheese dip alongside the meatballs, or drizzled on top. Both options taste great!
Pro Tip: Serve with toothpicks for minimal messiness!
How to make buffalo meatballs ahead of time
If you’d like to make these meatballs ahead of time to lessen your day-of preparations, you definitely can!
To do so, make and form your meatballs as instructed in the directions above. Then, store in an airtight container or freezer bag. On the day you’d like to eat them, allow them to thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours. Then, make as directed above.
The blue cheese dip can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
More dip ideas to try
I love to eat these meatballs with blue cheese dip, but there are a ton of options out there!
- Ranch: Ranch is a classic sauce that works well with so many different foods. It makes a great meatball dip!
- Honey mustard: Honestly, what doesn’t taste great with honey mustard?! This is definitely a must-try.
- Chipotle mayo: Want some extra spice? Try this dip! It’s made of mayo, sour cream, lime, and chipotles.
- Garlic parmesan: This is another one that I absolutely love. Give it a go with your buffalo meatballs!
- Buffalo: If you just can’t get enough buffalo flavor, here’s a Vegan Creamy Buffalo Dip to try!
Try these appetizers too!
Along with your buffalo chicken meatballs, serve these appetizers for extra crowd-friendly eats!
- Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip + Celery or Chips
- Avocado Feta Dip + Carrots or Pita Chips
- Healthy Seven Layer Dip + Chips
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese
Six ingredient Buffalo chicken meatballs make the perfect game time appetizer! These are a healthy whole30 and paleo version made with minced green onion, almond flour, and buffalo sauce, topped with a homemade blue cheese dressing.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 + 1/2 cup hot sauce (I used Franks) (the 1/3 cup will be used in the meatballs and 1/2 cup for tossing)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Blue Cheese Dip:
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp white or red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, egg, almond flour, 1/3 cup hot sauce, green onion, and garlic powder. I used my hand to do this!
- With about 2 tablespoons of meat, roll into balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 400.
- Take out of oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss in 1/2 cup of hot sauce.
- For the blue cheese dip: whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve blue cheese dip alongside meatballs or drizzled on top.
- Category: dinner, lunch, snacks
Keywords: superbowl recipes, healthy superbowl recipes, buffalo chicken meatballs, healthy buffalo chicken meatballs, gluten-free meatballs
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂