Easy Avocado Feta Dip is a deliciously creamy snack that makes the perfect appetizer for any party. It’s quick to make and full of flavor — just combine the ingredients in a food processor and it’s ready to enjoy!
Your new favorite easy feta avocado dip
A few months ago while enjoying a Greek salad, I came across a recipe for a creamy avocado dip. I looked down and realized that my salad could use some avocado, because, well… when is it a bad time for avocado? Never, I know, but especially not when you have a plain Greek salad in front of you.
I decided to add some and realized how delicious it tasted alongside the feta. It turned out to be the best decision I made all day, and the magical flavor combination gave me the idea for this delicious dip that’s absolutely perfect for layering on toast or enjoying with chips or veggies. I mean, it’s creamy avocado mixed with salty feta… need I say more?
Ingredients in avocado and feta dip
Once the idea was born, I gathered the ingredients and got to work. Here is a list of everything included in the final product:
- Feta cheese: First up is 1/2 cup of feta. I used a feta from block because they have so much more flavor than the crumbles. Trader Joe’s has the best cheeses, and I definitely recommend their feta for this dip! They have a couple different varieties to choose from.
- Avocados: 2 ripe avocados provide the perfect amount for this dish.
- Cilantro: Fresh herbs really make a dip recipe’s flavor happen. My favorite herb is cilantro, so I threw in 1/4 cup, packed. You can replace it with parsley if preferred.
- Lime: The juice of one lime adds freshness and that much needed zing!
- Garlic: This is a given, but since all dips are better with garlic, I was sure to add 1 clove!
- Onion: 1/3 cup of white onion adds crunchy flavor to the dip.
- Salt & pepper: These are a must — add to taste!
- Hot sauce: Finally, finish things off with green hot sauce.
Tools used to create this recipe
All you need to create avocado and feta dip is a food processor! A spoon or spatula will be helpful as well in scraping down the sides as you blitz. For measuring, grab 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, and 1/2 cup.
How to make easy avocado feta dip
3-step dip? Yes, please! Simply throw everything into your food processor and blitz until it reaches the correct consistency. It’s truly an amazing dip — I know you’re going to love it!
To begin, blend the avocados, feta, garlic, onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a food processor. Stop as necessary to scrape down the sides.
Blend until smooth, and then add the salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste. Blend one more time.
Transfer to a serving dish and top with more hot sauce, feta, and cilantro.
How to serve feta and avocado dip
This dip can be used in a few different ways. Serve it up with crackers, freshly chopped raw veggies, or even pretzels!
You can also use it as a spread on toast, or use it as a “dressing” on salads or in nourish bowls (with rice, potatoes, veggies, etc.). No matter how you enjoy feta dip, you’re bound to love the delicious flavors it provides.
Want to add some texture and thickness to your easy feta avocado dip? Include chopped or sliced cherry tomatoes. It’s the perfect way to sneak in extra flavor (and nutrients)!
How to store leftover dip
Keep leftover avocado feta dip refrigerated in an airtight container. Before storing, you can optionally drizzle a little bit of extra lime juice on top to help prevent browning.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Love a good dip? So do I. Here are some more classic dip recipes perfect for munching and enjoying as a snack, appetizer, or their own meal!
- Healthy French Onion Dip
- Best Quick Guacamole Recipe
- Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Healthy Seven Layer Dip
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup feta (crumbles or a block)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup white onion
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro
- juice of one lime
- salt + pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp favorite hot sauce (I used green hot sauce)
- In a food processor, blend avocados, feta, garlic, onion, cilantro, and lime juice stopping as necessary to scrape down the sides.
- Blend until smooth. Add in salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste and blend one last time.
- Top with more hot sauce, feta, cilantro.
- Store in fridge for long term.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂