Eggplant Caviar Dip
The one and only dip you’ll ever need in your life. I first tried this dip when I was at my boyfriends house and I instantly fell in love with it.
Its the perfect dip to take to a party because the longer it sits, the better it tastes! Plus, it doesn’t take long to put together.
Thank you to Tom’s mom for sharing her recipe! She based it off of one from Jacque Pepin.
- 1 eggplant
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (divided)
- 1 white onion, peeled + chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded + chopped
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce (I used Tabasco)
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Place the whole eggplant on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Take out and let cool completely.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil and saute the onion and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and add tomatoes, pepper, salt, hot sauce, sugar, apple cider vinegar, cilantro, and olive oil.
- Stir together and let sit.
- Peel skin off eggplant and discard. Mince the eggplant by hand into small diced chunks.
- Add eggplant to the bowl and let sit in fridge for 2 hours.
- Best served cold.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂