A baked buffalo cauliflower wings recipe that creates easy and healthy crispy wings perfect for game day! These whole 30 approved wings are paleo and low carb which makes them perfect for all diets.
Let’s be honest, there is nothing better than a crisp fall Sunday in the middle of November. Football games on television, tailgate food perfect for game day spread out in front of you, and a cold beer in hand. You’ve got no plans at all except to plant yourself down on the couch all day, eating every delicious snack in site.
If you’re anything like me, the food that is served during game day or tailgates is the best part of the whole thing. Endless dips, chips and guacamole, little hot appetizers, and my favorite? Buffalo chicken wings.
I could seriously down an entire bucket of buffalo chicken wings. Crispy, spicy, and dipped into blue cheese, that’s my favorite way to enjoy them.
So in an attempt to make buffalo chicken wings healthier, I decided that I was going to replace the chicken with cauliflower and create a healthier game day snack.
These baked cauliflower wings only have six simple ingredients and take less than an hour to make, and even my chicken wing loving boyfriend couldn’t stop eating them.
Baked buffalo cauliflower wings
Move over chicken, baked cauliflower wings are the new perfect healthy appetizer for game day. Made with only a handful of ingredients, adding these wings to your next football party is key.
Baking these cauliflower wings gives them that crispy texture just like chicken wings! No need for fried food here. And even better is the fact that they only take a few simple steps that anyone with an oven can make.
These buffalo cauliflower wings are gluten-free, dairy-free, and grain-free. They are completely guilt-free and you can eat the entire head of cauliflower without feeling bad! Plus, I warning you that you probably will want to eat the whole head.
How to make cauliflower wings
There are only five steps between you and the best cauliflower wings you’ve ever had in your life.
- Chop – chops up a large head of cauliflower into big florets. I like to do a mixture of smaller florets and bigger ones so that we have all different sizes. It doesn’t really matter how large your head is, you’ll most likely just want to end up with about 5 cups of chopped cauliflower.
- Coat – Add your cauliflower and a whisked egg to a large ziplock bag. You will then want to shake shake shake until the egg has evenly coated the cauliflower. Next, add the almond flour, salt, and garlic powder and shake shake shake until completely coated.
- Bake – line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and toss your coated cauliflower onto the sheet. Bake in the oven until lightly brown and crispy.
- Toss – take your cauliflower out of the oven and let them rest for about five minutes. Add your buffalo sauce right to the sheet and toss them around until evenly coated. You can also place them in a bowl or back in another ziplock bag if easier.
- Broil – toss back into the oven and broil for five minutes. Keep an eye on them so that they don’t burn! You can also just bake them for another 5 minutes if you don’t have a broiler.
Are buffalo cauliflower wings healthy?
Yes! They even are perfect for those who are doing the Whole 30 diet. Made with only a few simple ingredients which all happen to be completely healthy.
We use buffalo sauce from The New Primal, but you can use any buffalo sauce that you like. I like this brand because it is Whole 30 approved and isn’t made with any funky ingredients.
You’re going to be in love with these clean eating buffalo cauliflower wings!
Here are some other similar recipes that you may also like!
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @erinliveswhole on Instagram and use the hashtag #erinliveswhole so I can see it and feature you!Print
A baked buffalo cauliflower wings recipe that creates easy and healthy crispy wings perfect for game day! These whole 30 approved wings are paleo and low carb which makes them perfect for eaters of all type.
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and chop cauliflower into different size florets. I like to do a mixture of big and small.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg.
- Add the cauliflower and egg to a large ziplock bag and shake until evenly coated.
- In another small bowl, mix together the almond flour, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the cauliflower and shake well until evenly coated.
- Place cauliflower in a flat layer on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Take out of the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of buffalo sauce over top of cauliflower and toss to coat. I used my hands but you can also use a bowl.
- Broil for 5 minutes (keep an eye on them). If you don’t have a broiler, place back in the oven for 5 minutes to heat through.
- Serve immediately!
- Category: gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, whole30
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buffalo cauliflower wings, tailgate food, game day snacks, healthy tailgate food, healthy wings, cauliflower recipes
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂