Get ready for your new favorite taco flavor with this Buffalo Chicken Baked Tacos recipe. Made with buffalo sauce and your choice of blue cheese or ranch, they’re like the perfect wings-meet-tacos meal!
The most delicious taco flavor is here
Tacos are always a good idea. Whether it’s Taco Tuesday or just another day of the week, they’re the best option. They’re flavorful, can be made a million different was, and they make any day that much better!
And these tacos? Well, these are something else. They’re not just regular tacos… they’re buffalo chicken tacos. Essentially, these tacos are like your favorite wing flavor wrapped up into a tortilla with veggies, chicken, and cheese!
Rather than making the fillings, warming the tortillas, and assembling right before enjoying, these tacos are assembled and then baked for an ultra warm and comforting result. They’re perfect for a crowd, as you won’t have to pass around fillings; just grab and enjoy!
Ingredients in buffalo chicken baked tacos
The best tacos have the most fillings! At least, that’s what I like to think, because these tacos are absolutely bursting with flavor. Between the veggies, garlic, cheese, and dressing (the best part!), there is so much flavor inside each bite.
- Avocado oil: First up, you will need 2 tbsp of avocado oil to sauté the vegetables.
- Onion: Next up, dice 1/2 of a small onion. I recommend yellow!
- Carrots: Add flavor with 2 diced carrots.
- Celery: Follow the carrots with 3 stalks of celery. Dice these as well.
- Garlic: Add flavor with 3 cloves of minced garlic (or 3/4 tsp of garlic powder).
- Chicken: 1 lb of ground chicken will create 12 generously filled tacos.
- Dressing: Add delicious flavor with 1/3 cup of blue cheese dressing. Alternatively, ranch will work!
- Buffalo sauce: Add the heat with 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce.
- Mozzarella: Every taco needs cheese! You’ll need 1 cup of shredded mozzarella to use across all 12 tacos.
- Tortillas: Finally, grab 12 corn tortillas.
Tools needed to prepare this recipe
To make these baked tacos, you’ll need a few kitchen items.
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Two baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Sauté pan
For measuring, you’ll need the following sized cups: 1 tbsp, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make baked buffalo chicken tacos
Baked tacos are very simple to make. We’ll start by preparing the veggies and chicken, and then we’ll assemble the tacos and bake!
To begin, preheat the oven to 350ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat and add oil.
Once hot, add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until softened.
Next, add the garlic and ground chicken and cook until it is no longer pink.
Turn off the heat and drain any excess liquid. Stir in the blue cheese and buffalo sauce.
Line the tortillas on the baking sheets, and add 1/2 cup of the meat mixture to one side of each tortilla. Top that with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
Place the tacos in the oven for 3 minutes, and once the cheese is melted, fold the tortillas in half using the cheese as the “glue” to help the tortillas stay folded.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Want to add even more flavor to your tacos? Here are some more ingredients you can add! They don’t all stick to the buffalo and ranch “wings” vibe (like the carrots and celery), but they’re tasty!
- Black olives
- Refried beans
- Black beans
- Lime juice
How to store buffalo chicken tacos
Buffalo chicken tacos can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Simply place the tacos in an airtight container and stick in the fridge. If possible, try to store unassembled ingredients and bake when ready to enjoy. This will help prevent the tortillas from getting soggy.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Ready for some more taco-esque recipes? Here are some taco, enchilada, dip, and salsa ideas to try!
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photography by Moriah Sawtelle
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1/3 cup blue cheese dressing (or ranch)
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil.
- Once hot, add onion, carrots, and celery. Cook 6-7 minutes or until softened.
- Add in garlic and ground chicken, cook another few minutes until no longer pink.
- Turn off heat, drain any excess liquid. Stir in blue cheese and buffalo sauce.
- Line tortillas up on baking sheets. Add 1/2 cup meat mixture to one side of each tortilla, and top that with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
- Place in oven for 3 minutes, and once cheese is melted, fold tortillas in half using the cheese as the ‘glue’ to help the tortilla stay folded.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂