For the ultimate sweet and savory combo, this Easy Pineapple Mango Salsa Recipe is a must. It’s the perfect mix of healthy ingredients that satisfy cravings at the same time!
The tastiest mango pineapple salsa
Sometimes regular veggie-based salsa won’t cut it, and you need something a bit sweeter. That’s where this easy pineapple mango salsa recipe comes in.
An incredibly easy, quick, and delicious salsa, this recipe is exactly what you’ve been looking for. It’s the best appetizer or snack for a crowd. My friends always rave about it! Serve it up alongside your favorite restaurant style chips for the ultimate snack.
It’s made with only 8 different ingredients and is ready in about 5 minutes.
Tools used to make this easy salsa recipe
This pineapple mango salsa only requires a few utensils. You will need a cutting board, chopping knife, large mixing bowl, and a few measuring cups (1 tsp, 1/4 cup, and 1/2 cup).
Ingredients included in mango salsa
This easy pineapple mango salsa recipe comes together with both fruity and savory flavors. It’s the ultimate sweet and salty flavor combo, and it’s made with the classics!
- Pineapple: For the main base of the salsa, grab 1 pineapple.
- Mangos: Then, 2 mangos will add flavor (and pretty color) to the dish.
- Red Pepper: 1 red bell pepper adds crunchy texture and tastes so good with the fruit.
- Jalapeño: For a little bit of heat, add 1 deseeded jalapeño. For extra heat, you can keep some of the seeds. Each seed = hotter salsa.
- Red Onion: Next, include 1 chopped red onion. Use or more or less to suit your preference.
- Cilantro: 1/2 cup of cilantro adds a nice herby taste to the dish, giving it a kick without making it hotter.
- Limes: Your salsa is nearly complete with the juice from two limes! It should be about 1/4 cup of juice, and this amount will add the perfect zingy flavor.
- Salt: To pull it all together, include 1 tsp of salt.
How to make this easy pineapple mango salsa recipe
Ready for the easiest four step recipe ever? Let’s dive in!
First, chop all of the fruits and veggies into small, bite size pieces.
In a large bowl, add the chopped pineapple, mangos, red pepper, jalapeño, onion, and cilantro.
Pour the lime juice on top, followed by the salt.
Stir everything until the mixture is evenly dispersed and coated.
How to serve and store your new recipe
This pineapple mango salsa recipe is perfect with chips, but there are many other foods you can pair it with. To spice up your other meals, try eating the salsa on fish, chicken, steak, and or even salad. You can of course add it to tacos for the perfect fruity touch!
Store any leftover salsa in the fridge. You can store keep it in the bowl you made it in with tin foil or plastic wrap, but I recommend using a Tupperware container to keep it extra fresh. It should stay good for up to 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
What makes this salsa healthier
Most store bought salsas contain added sugar, carbs, and processed chemicals and ingredients. Making your own at home is a simple way to have a much healthier option. Plus, you know exactly what’s in it! Since this recipe is based solely around fruits and vegetables, it is a perfect choice.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Loving this salsa? Here are some more app and snack-style recipes for you to enjoy!
- Healthy Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Thai Peanut Hummus
- Healthy Seven Layer Dip
Recipe by Erin Morrissey + Photos by The Mindful Hapa.
- 1 pineapple
- 2 mangoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp salt
- Chop all fruits and veggies into small, bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, add chopped pineapple, mango, red pepper, jalapeno, onion, and cilantro.
- Pour the juice of two limes on top along with the salt.
- Stir until everything is evenly dispersed and coated.
- Serve with chips, on fish, chicken, steak, or on a salad. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂