This Tomato Bruschetta Recipe hits the spot. It’s light and refreshing and perfect for serving atop your favorite type of bread!
Get ready for the best bruschetta recipe
When it comes to appetizers, sign me up. They’re notoriously everyone’s favorite part of any meal, often competing with dessert as the #1 type of cuisine. But after enjoying bruschetta, there’s hardly a debate: appetizers take the cake.
This tomato bruschetta recipe is no different! Made with just 8 ingredients, this simple and delicious bruschetta is just as refreshing as you’d imagine. It comes together in about 10 minutes and makes the perfect topping for bread or crackers and can even be used on sandwiches! I love to serve it up in an appetizer spread alongside other goodies like charcuterie or bacon-wrapped dates.
Ingredients in this Italian bruschetta recipe
The great thing about bruschetta is that it comes together with only three main ingredients and 5 herbs and flavorings. That means it’s pretty simple, and many of the ingredients are likely already in your pantry!
- Olive oil: First up, you will need 3 tbsp of olive oil. It’ll be divided into 1 and 2 tbsp for use at two points throughout the recipe.
- Garlic: Next, use 5 cloves of minced garlic to achieve the right flavor. If using garlic powder, use 1 and 1/4 tsp.
- Roma tomatoes: Tomatoes are the star of the bruschetta show, so you’ll need 8 roma.
- Balsamic vinegar: Add signature flavor with 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Shredded parmesan: Include a bit of cheese in the amount of 1/4 cup. It should be finely chopped.
- Basil: Next, use 1/4 cup of fresh basil. Slice it into ribbons before adding to the recipe.
- Salt & Pepper: Last but not least, finish up your recipe with 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper!
The kitchen tools you’ll need to make this recipe
Bruschetta comes together easily and in turn, only requires a handful of kitchen gear. To get started, grab your cutting board, chopping knife, sauté pan, spatula, large mixing bowl, and measuring cups. The measuring cups you’ll need include 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, and 1/4 cup.
How to make this tomato bruschetta recipe
Bruschetta is delightfully simple to make, and it comes together a bit similarly to how you’d prepare salsa. However, the two are different, so be sure to follow the steps closely.
To begin, heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Once it’s hot, add the minced garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Once sautéed, remove from the heat.
Dice the roma tomatoes into small pieces and place them in a large bowl. Stir in the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Add the remainder of the ingredients to the bowl, and stir until well combined. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
How to serve tomato bruschetta
Tomato bruschetta can be enjoyed in a number of ways. Over a hard bread is common, but it’s not the only option! Here are some more ways to enjoy it:
- Over toasted or oven-browned bread
- On seedy crackers
- On a sandwich with other toppings
- With eggs & toast for a hearty breakfast
After enjoying bruschetta, any remaining leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator. Be sure to use an airtight container to keep things extra fresh, and enjoy within about 3 days.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Did you love this appetizer? If so, you’ll want to try these next! Between the goat cheese dates, the caviar, the shrimp, and the jalapeño dip, there’s something for everyone.
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese
- Eggplant Caviar Dip
- Healthy Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Light Jalapeño Popper Dip
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 roma tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, sliced into ribbons
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat saute pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, and once hot, add minced garlic. Saute 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Dice all roma tomatoes in small pieces and place into large bowl. Stir in the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add remainder of ingredients and stir until all combined. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂