Bruschetta gets a filling and satisfying upgrade with this Easy Bruschetta Chicken Recipe. Made with garlic, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, and lots of flavor!
The most delicious bruschetta chicken bake
Bruschetta is one of the most refreshingly delicious meals that you can enjoy. It’s filled with tomatoes and garlic, and it’s often enjoyed atop crackers or crunchy bread! Today, we’re pairing it with chicken for extra oomph and a complete, filling, and satisfying meal.
This is a great recipe to enjoy with the family or with guests! The dish uses four chicken breasts to create 4 very large servings, and those can be divided to create 8 smaller plates perfect for pairing with sides.
We like to serve this with some fresh spaghetti or over a bed of zucchini noodles. The tomato mixture gets all saucy and is so delicious, but you could also serve this one with a side of veggies like green beans, asparagus, or broccoli.
Ingredients in easy bruschetta chicken
The ingredients are divided into two parts: the bruschetta and the chicken. Each part of the recipe uses key ingredients to get that signature bruschetta flavor that we’re going for. And don’t worry — we are not skimping on the seasonings! We’ll be using garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning for a delicious final flavor.
- Olive oil: The bruschetta begins with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. It will need to be divided to use at two different points throughout the recipe.
- Garlic: Next, you will need 5 cloves of minced cloves garlic. Alternatively, 1 and 1/4 tsp of powder will do the trick.
- Roma tomatoes: For tomatoes, use 8 Roma.
- Balsamic vinegar: 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar will add a bite to the bruschetta that’s crucial to achieving the right final flavor.
- Parmesan cheese: Add a bit of cheese with 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan, finely chopped.
- Basil: 1/4 cup of basil sliced into ribbons adds a nice flavor.
- Salt & Pepper: Finish off the bruschetta recipe with 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Chicken: For the chicken portion of the recipe, use 4 large breasts pounded down to 1-inch thick.
- Seasonings: Next, add flavor with 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning, 1 tbsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Olive oil: To help the ingredients all come together, use 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Mozzarella: Next up? The cheese! Use 1 cup of shredded fresh mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of shredded parmesan.
- Basil: Last but not least, finish off the recipe with chopped ribbons of basil.
Tools needed to make this recipe
To make this recipe, you’ll need about 10 or so kitchen items. I recommend gathering everything before you begin for a smooth and seamless cooking process!
- Saute pan
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Large mixing bowl
- Stirring utensil
- 9×13 casserole dish
- Meat tenderizer
- Large skillet
To measure out ingredients, you will need 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make this easy bruschetta chicken recipe
To make this recipe, we’ll start with the tomato-based bruschetta before diving into the chicken portion. For total time, you can expect preparation and cooking to take around 30 minutes.
To begin making the bruschetta, heat a sauté pan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once hot, add the minced garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Then, remove from the heat.
Next, dice all of the Roma tomatoes into small pieces and place them in a large bowl. Stir in the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir until everything is combined. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
Making Bruschetta Chicken:
To begin preparing the chicken, preheat the oven to 400°F and grease the casserole dish.
Pound the chicken until each piece is 1 inch thick.
Next, mix all of the seasonings into a small bowl until combined. Evenly season one side of each chicken breast.
Then, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet. Once hot, place the chicken breasts in the skillet seasoning-side down, and season the reverse side. Cook each side for 3 minutes. If the pan does not hold all four pieces, cook them in shifts.
Once all of the chicken is cooked, add 1/2 cup of the bruschetta to the bottom of the baking dish. Top with the four chicken breasts.
Top each chicken breast with 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and then evenly distribute the remainder of the bruschetta on top of the chicken. Add the parmesan and basil ribbons.
Bake for 10 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving, and then enjoy! You could even top with a balsamic glaze if you’re up for it.
What to pair with bruschetta chicken
Pairing bruschetta chicken is easy, as the options are pretty endless! In the end, it comes down to what you’re feeling.
Add an extra bite
If there’s one ingredient that never fails to add extra flavor, it’s red onion! And for red onion lovers, you’re in luck. Feel free to add finely chopped pieces to your bruschetta for an extra potent and delicious final flavor.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Chicken makes a great base for almost any dinner recipe. Here are some more chicken meals to try this week!
- Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- Chicken Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Healthy BBQ Chicken Thighs
- One-Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- 4 large chicken breasts, pounded down to 1-inch thick
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- chopped basil ribbons
- Prepare Bruschetta
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Prepare chicken by pounding down to 1 inch thick.
- Mix together seasoning in a small bowl and then evenly season one side of each chicken breast.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Once hot, place chicken breasts in seasoning side down and cook for 4 minutes on each side, being sure to season the other side once placed down. If you don’t have a pan big enough for all 4, cook them in shifts.
- Finish cooking all chicken breasts. Add 1/2 cup of bruschetta to bottom of baking dish, then add the four chicken breasts on top.
- Top each chicken breast with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, then evenly distribute remainder of bruschetta on top of chicken. Top with parmesan cheese and basil ribbons.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂