Give your tastebuds a treat with this Chicken Spinach Artichoke Dip. Made with cream cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan, this creamy, cheesy dip is a total game changer!
Delicious spinach dip with chicken
Spinach dip? Yes. Spinach artichoke dip? Double yes! Throw in some chicken, and it’s even better.
Today, I’m sharing with you my ultimate chicken spinach artichoke dip recipe. It’s made with cream cheese, chicken, and lots of cheese, so you know it’s good! Plus, the addition of chicken makes it extra filling and satisfying.
This dish is the perfect appetizer or tv-watching snack because it’s creamy, “dippable,” über flavorful, and everyone loves it! It makes the perfect bite for parties too.
Ingredients in spinach artichoke chicken dip
Spinach artichoke dip uses all of the classics — spinach, parmesan, mozzarella, and cream cheese. What makes this recipe different is the use of Greek yogurt and the addition of chicken! These ingredients add loads of protein and tasty flavor.
- Chicken: First up, you will need 2 cups of finely shredded and cooked chicken breasts.
- Spinach: Next, 5 oz of frozen spinach will add the perfect spinachy-ness to the dip.
- Cream cheese: Use 1/2 block of room temperature cream cheese.
- Yogurt: Then, include 1/2 cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt.
- Artichoke hearts: Add one 14oz can of finely diced artichoke hearts.
- Parmesan cheese: Mix in 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Mozzarella cheese: And follow the parmesan with 1/2 cup of light mozzarella.
- Seasonings: Finally, add extra seasonings for flavor! Include 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 1/4 tsp of pepper.
Tools needed to create this dip
To make spinach artichoke chicken dip, you will need to start with a skillet or 8×8 glass dish. The artichoke hearts need to be finely chopped, so you will need a cutting board and chopping knife to dice those up. Then, grab a large mixing bowl and stirring utensil.
For measuring, you will need the following sized cups: 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make chicken spinach artichoke dip
Spinach dip is one of the easiest app recipes you can make. Simply combine the ingredients and bake! Total cook prep and cook time? Less than 30 minutes!
First, preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a skillet or 8×8 glass dish.
In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined.
Top with more mozzarella cheese if desired, or leave some out for sprinkling if you want an extra cheesy top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the center is hot and the cheese has begun to brown. Broil for 1-2 minutes of desired.
Serve with crackers, bread, chips, or veggies!
As always, you can swap the mozzarella with any cheese that you’d like. Mozzarella does provide a nice “stretchy” creaminess, but you can use cheddar or pepper jack if desired!
One interesting swap comes with the Greek yogurt. Some people make this recipe without the yogurt, instead opting for mayo and sour cream! If you want to go this route, replace the 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup of mayo and 1/4 cup of sour cream.
I don’t have a skillet or 8×8 dish. What should I use?
That’s totally okay! You can use any baking dish. You’ll just have a thinner or thicker layer of dip! Watch it closely while baking, as the cook time will need to be adjusted.
How to store leftover dip
Leftover spinach dip should be kept in the refrigerator and enjoyed within 2-3 days. You can keep it in the original dish, covered with tinfoil, or move it to a lidded container.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Dips are everything in the appetizer world! I simply cannot get enough. If you’re like me, you have to try these dip recipes next!
- Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Easy Avocado Feta Dip
- Easy Pineapple Mango Salsa Recipe
- Healthy French Onion Dip
Recipe By Erin Morrissey and Photos by Sam Florio QuarterSoulCrisis
- 2 cups finely shredded + cooked chicken breasts
- 5 oz frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1/2 block cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and diced finely
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a skillet or 8×8 glass dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined
- Top with more mozzarella cheese if desired, or leave some out for sprinkling if you want an extra cheesy top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until center is hot and cheese has began to brown. Broil for 1-2 minutes if desired.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂