Indulge in the sweet and savory flavors of Honey Pecan Bacon Baked Brie. Wrapped in a puff pastry, this brie is the ultimate treat! It’s perfect for your next charcuterie board.
The most delicious brie appetizer
Cheese is always a good idea, and that includes brie. With a mild flavor and soft texture, it’s a cheese choice that hits the spot. Brie cheese is ideally served at room temperature to maximize the creamy consistency. I like to enjoy it with hearty bread or crackers along with apple slices or grapes. It’s always been a go-to during snack time, and for good reason!
But today, we’re cranking the flavor up a notch by pairing brie with bacon, pecans, dates, rosemary, and honey. And then, we’re placing it inside a puff pastry for an absolute mouth-watering treat that pairs just as well with crackers and fruit!
After making this, prepare for some serious compliments. With this honey pecan bacon baked brie, you’ll have guests going nuts!
Ingredients in honey pecan bacon baked brie
To make this pastry-wrapped brie we will be using an egg wash. This helps it reach that perfect golden brown color and adds a bit of flavor! On the inside, we’ll pack in savory and sweet tastes with the addition of bacon, pecans, dates, rosemary, and honey.
- Puff pastry: First up, you will need 1 defrosted puff pastry sheet. This will hold all of the ingredients and create a golden brown outer layer.
- Brie: As for the brie, plan to use 1 16oz wheel.
- Bacon: Prepare 3 slices of bacon and chop them into small pieces.
- Pecans: Next, you’ll need 1/3 cup of chopped pecans.
- Dates: Add some sweet flavor with 1/3 cup of chopped dates! Alternatively include cranberries or raisins.
- Rosemary: Add a bit of herby flavor with 2 tsp of fresh, chopped rosemary.
- Honey: 1/3 cup of honey will add a slightly sweet taste.
- Egg: Last but not least, you’ll need 1 egg to spread over the pastry.
Kitchen tools you’ll need for this recipe
This recipe requires a few different kitchen tools. Before you start the cooking process, gather the following:
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cutting board
- Chopped knife
- Mixing bowl
- Stirring utensil
- Small mixing bowl
- Pastry brush
For measuring, you will need 1 tsp and 1/3 cup.
How to make baked brie with honey
This bacon and honey brie is made by wrapping everything inside a puff pastry! From there, we’ll create and add an egg wash before baking it for around half an hour.
To begin this brie recipe, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Lay out the puffed pastry and place the brie in the center of the sheet.
Place the mixture on top of the wheel of brie and then fold in the sides of the puffed pastry to cover the cheese. Rotate the sides as you go, eventually covering the entire wheel.
Whisk the egg in a separate small bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush the egg on top of the puffed pastry and cover all of the dough space.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
How to serve honey baked brie
This honey pecan brie can be served in a few different ways.
First up, it’s so tasty that a little slice can actually be served as-is! It makes a nice savory dessert and can be enjoyed by itself!
Alternatively, you can enjoy this brie atop your favorite crackers, or pair it with other cheeses and some fruit to form a charcuterie board.
Are you prepping this dish for ahead of time? If so, great news: it freezes just fine!
To freeze pecan and honey brie for later, simply assemble and freeze prior to adding the egg wash and baking. When ready to serve, remove from the freezer, let thaw, and then add the egg wash and bake.
After baking, keep your brie pastry refrigerated in an airtight container. Enjoy within about 2 days.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Because we deserve all of the cheese dishes, here are some more recipes where cheese is the star of the show!
- Lightened Up Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Cranberry Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip
- Vegan Ricotta Cheese
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photography by Moriah Sawtelle
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 16oz wheel brie
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup dates, chopped (can sub cranberries or raisins)
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out puffed pastry and place brie in center of sheet.
- In a bowl, mixed together chopped bacon, chopped pecans, chopped dates, rosemary, and honey.
- Place mixture on top of brie wheel, then fold in the sides of the puffed pastry to cover the cheese. Rotate sides as you go, eventually covering the entire wheel.
- In a small bowl, whisk one egg. Using a pastry brush, brush on top of puffed pastry, covering all the dough space.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂