The most delicious sweet roasted carrots
New side alert! The perfect side dish is here, and just in time for all of the autumn feels and the Thanksgiving side dishes. Oven roasted honey carrots. Oh man, these things are a treat! Made with honey, garlic, and parsley, these carrots are baked and then tossed with extra flavorings for a salty but sweet glazed result.
These are the perfect side for pairing with essentially any main course, and their flavorings make them great for including in this year’s Thanksgiving lineup. Let’s dig into the how-to!
Ingredients in oven honey roasted carrots
- Carrots: Start with 3 lbs of carrots. They need to be peeled and sliced on a diagonal.
- Olive oil: Next, use 1/4 cup of olive oil. This will help the carrots reach a nice glaze and will help the other spices and ingredients stick.
- Honey: Flavor things up with 1/4 cup of your favorite brand of honey.
- Garlic: 3 cloves of minced garlic will add a delicious, intense flavor to the carrots.
- Parsley: 2 tbsp of fresh, chopped parsley will add a nice herby flavor.
- Salt & Pepper: Finish things off with 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- For tossing: Finally, toss with 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
The tools you’ll need to make these carrots
To make oven roasted carrots you will need a baking sheet, parchment paper, a large mixing bowl, and stirring and tossing utensils. For measuring, set aside the following sized cups: 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, and 1/4 cup.
How to make roasted honey glazed carrots
Honey roasted carrots are as easy as peel, bake, and toss!
To begin, preheat the oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10.
Top with fresh parsley and serve!
Ingredient swap options
Missing an ingredient or two? Here are some easy swaps that you can use in these honey roasted garlic carrots. Try to use no more than one swap, as too many may change the final result.
Out of honey? You can use maple syrup! Though the flavor will be slightly different, this option will still create a nice sweet glaze on the carrots. I recommend starting with less than 1/4 cup and adding more to taste as needed.
For extra flavor, you can use anything from rosemary and red pepper flakes (for extra heat) to a sprinkling of brown sugar or cinnamon!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Roasted honey glazed carrots work well with any type of main course. Here are some ideas!
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photography by Moriah Sawtelle
- Preheat oven to 425F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add carrots, olive oil, honey, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat and then pour onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp olive oil, toss, and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley. Serve.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂