Enjoy the deluxe flavors of Cajun Parmesan Salmon with this delicious recipe. Made with loads of seasonings and ready in under 25 minutes, this meal is a must!
Your new favorite garlic parmesan salmon
Sometimes chicken gets old and I find myself more in a seafood type of mood. Wanting something that’s still really nutritious and full of protein, I tend to gravitate toward salmon!
Salmon has immense benefits (which I’ll touch on later in this post), but it also tastes fantastic. When seasoned with a blend of lemon, garlic, honey, and parmesan, this cajun butter salmon is something you’re going to wish you tried earlier!
Ingredients in this parmesan crusted salmon recipe
In this recipe, it’s all about the seasonings. In order to get that rich cajun x parmesan taste we’re mixing everything from lemon juice and garlic to butter and honey. When all is said and done, the flavor combo is a dream!
- Salmon: First up, we have the salmon! For this recipe you will need 4 filets.
- Salt & pepper: We will start the cooking process by seasoning the filets with salt and pepper. Use whatever amount feels right.
- Avocado oil: Next, we will use 2 tbsp of avocado oil to cook the filets.
- Lemon: First up for the flavorings will be juice from 1 lemon.
- Butter: Then, we will use 2 tbsp of butter. If preferred, you can use additional avocado oil here instead.
- Garlic: Next, mince 2 cloves of garlic. If you want to add a little extra, go for it!
- Cajun seasoning: We will use cajun seasoning to get that strong cajun flavor. 2 tsp will be perfect.
- Honey: To add a subtle sweet flavor, include 1 tbsp of honey. This ingredient truly makes the flavorings complete!
- Parmesan cheese: We will use 2 tbsp of parmesan to add that much needed cheesiness.
- Parsley: And finally, toss in 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
Tools needed to create this dish
Cajun parmesan salmon only requires three actual kitchen tools, in addition to a paper towel and a couple of measuring cups. Is it just me, or do the simplest recipes always taste the best?
- Paper towel for patting the salmon dry
- Large skillet
- Measuring cups: 1 tsp, 1 tbsp
How to make cajun parmesan salmon
We’re keeping things this cajun salmon recipe simple by cooking it right on the stove. We’ll start with the seasonings and then we’ll stick it in a pan and cook it for 5 minutes on each side. We’ll add the sauce, return it to the pan, and voila! Delicious, flavorful cajun parmesan salmon.
To begin, pat the salmon dry and season with salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the avocado oil.
Next, add the salmon skin side up and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
Once the salmon is done cooking, take it out and set it aside.
Dump the remaining liquid from the pan, and then place the pan back on the stove top.
Turn the heat to medium and whisk in the lemon juice, butter, garlic, cajun seasoning, honey, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
Let the sauce reduce for a few minutes until thickened, and then add the salmon back in and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Bast the salmon with the sauce as it cooks.
Serve over rice with veggies.
What to serve with stove-cooked salmon
Whether you’re a fish and chips kind of seafood eater or you prefer something heavy in greens, there are so many sides that pair wonderfully with this dish!
Go for starches with Easy Skillet Cornbread or Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes (a faux-starch that tastes like potatoes but packs in the veggie-rich nutrients), or stick to your greens with Garlic Sesame Green Beans or Maple Balsamic Brussels Sprouts!
Finally, keep things simple with a delicious and sweet Cranberry Quinoa Salad.
P.S. I like to serve it with rice too!
Benefits of salmon
Salmon is absolutely overflowing with benefits. With 17g of protein per 3 oz, it’s a nutrient powerhouse that definitely earns a spot at the top of the seafood pyramid.
In addition to protein, salmon is a great source of potassium, B Vitamins, Omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. It’s great for fighting inflammation too. When I’m in the mood for seafood, salmon is almost always my go-to.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
For more protein-packed dinners that include seafood, try these! Each one is rich in flavor and is pretty simple to whip together!
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- Easy Tuna Patties with Spicy Aioli
- Easy One Pot Salmon Dinner
Recipe by Erin Morrissey + Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- Pat salmon dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add avocado oil.
- Add salmon, skin side up and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Once done cooking, take salmon out and set aside.
- Dump remaining liquid from pan. Then add pan back to stove top.
- Turn heat to medium and whisk in lemon juice, butter, garlic, cajun seasoning, honey, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Let sauce reduce for a few minutes until thickened, then add salmon back in and cook for 2 minutes on each side, basting the salmon with the sauce as it cooks.
- Serve over rice and with veggies.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂