You’ll never say no to Brussels sprouts again with this Maple Balsamic Brussel Sprouts recipe. Perfected in a balsamic glaze and topped with pecans, cranberries, and turkey bacon, this is a recipe you won’t want to miss.
The ultimate roasted Brussels sprout recipe
Brussels sprouts tend to get a bad rep. Known as the food enemy of children, they’re classically used as that veggie you see kids feeding to their dog because they have to finish dinner before they can have dessert.
Well, if this classic vegetable stereotype (is that a thing?) is stuck in your mind, throw that thought out the window. You’re about to absolutely fall in love with Brussels sprouts. You’ll be shocked they can be this good!
We’re cooking this Brussels sprouts recipe alongside chopped pecans and turkey bacon, finishing them off with a delicious balsamic and maple syrup glaze, and topping them with dried cranberries. You’re gonna wish you tried this sooner!
Ingredients used to make roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon
A quick scan of the ingredients in this dish will give you an idea of just how much flavor is involved. We’re talking a serious party! With pecans, bacon, balsamic, maple syrup, and cranberries, this is surely a recipe to remember.
- Pecans: Chop up about 3/4 cup of pecans. You can use regular or glazed!
- Turkey bacon: Next up, prep the turkey bacon! This is one of my favorite parts of this dish. We’ll use 4 slices.
- Brussels sprouts: As far as the sprouts go, 2 lbs, trimmed and sliced in half will be plenty.
- Avocado oil: We will need 3 tbsp of avocado oil for cooking the baked Brussels sprouts.
- Salt: A pinch (1 tsp) of salt is plenty for this dish.
- Pepper: Likewise, use just 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Balsamic vinegar: For the balsamic portion of the glaze, measure out 3 tbsp.
- Maple syrup: And for the syrup, just 1 tbsp.
- Dried cranberries: Finally, set aside 1/4 cup of dried cranberries for adding on top of the dish.
Kitchen tools you’ll need on hand
Below are the items you’ll need to cook roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon! I like to gather everything at once to make the cooking process a bit smoother. Don’t forget the measuring cups!
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring cups: 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 3/4 cup
How to make maple balsamic Brussels sprouts
For this recipe you’ll need to set aside about 15 minutes of prep time and 25 minutes of cook time. Trust me, with the first bite you’re realize just how worth it each minute was. Let’s dive in!
To begin, preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the chopped pecans onto the baking sheet and toast for 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the turkey bacon on the stove for about 5 minutes on each side. Let it cool, as it will crisp up during cooling.
Raise the oven heat to 425F and prepare the Brussels sprouts by adding them to a the baking sheet and tossing them with avocado oil. Flip them over so that they’re face down. Cook for about 20 minutes.
While the sprouts are baking, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup.
Toss the Brussels sprouts with salt and pepper, and then add the vinegar mixture. Toss to coat.
Chop up the turkey bacon. Add it to the sprouts, followed by the pecans and cranberries.
Stir to combine and serve immediately.
Ingredient substitute options for maple balsamic Brussels sprouts
Missing an ingredient or two? Here are easy swaps that you can make to fill in your missing items or simply better suit your preferences!
- Pecans: I love pecans in this dish, but you can also use walnuts!
- Turkey bacon: Feel free to use “regular” bacon in this recipe. You can also use a plant-based alternative if you wish!
- Avocado oil: This oil can be subbed with any similar cooking oil.
More meals to enjoy this week
If you’re looking for more ideas like this Brussels sprout recipe, look no further! Here are some more mouth watering dishes that will leave you totally amazed. Be sure to add these to your meal schedule for this week!
- Easy Tuna Patties with Spicy Aioli
- Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Healthy Greek Turkey Burgers with Tzatziki
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Recipe by Erin Morrissey + Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add chopped pecans and toast for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your turkey bacon on the stove about 5 minutes each side. Let cool – it will crisp up during cooling.
- Raise oven heat to 425F and prepare brussels sprouts by adding them to a parchment lined baking sheet and tossing them with avocado oil. Flip them all over so they are face down. Remove from oven after 20 minutes.
- While they are baking, whisk together balsamic vinegar and maple syrup.
- Toss brussels sprouts with salt and pepper, then add vinegar mixture. Toss to coat.
- Chop up turkey bacon, then add turkey bacon, pecans, and cranberries to brussels sprouts.
- Stir to combine and serve immediately!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂