Enjoy the magic of a perfectly crunchy and chewy treat with these Pudding Cookies. Made with P.S. Snacks Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix, these make a delicious sweet tooth-satisfying dessert!
The most delicious pudding cookies recipe
When it comes to making cookies, I thought I knew it all. I’ve made so many different recipes and used so many ingredient combinations that I didn’t think there wasn’t anything else to learn!
That is, until I discovered the fact that you can make cookies with instant pudding mix. Who knew?! By just adding a package to the dry ingredients, you wind up with the most perfect treats.
Today I’m sharing my newfound recipe with you! Between the sweet taste of the maple syrup, the vanilla flavor of the pudding mix, and the chocolate chips, these are cookies you’re going to love. Be sure to include them on the dessert table this holiday season!
The reason we use pudding mix in these cookies
I know what you’re thinking. “Why add pudding mix to cookies?”
Pudding mix does something to cookie dough that creates a perfectly textured cookie. They come out of the oven nice and crunchy on the outside, but they maintain that delicious soft, chewy texture on the inside.
And when it comes to the recipe, you’ll want to choose your pudding mix carefully. An instant pudding mix is required. For the brand, I recommend P.S. Snacks! Their Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix has a delicious flavor that works perfectly when combined with the maple syrup and chocolate.
You can use “PSERIN” to enjoy 15% off on your order!
I used their vanilla flavor in my cookies, but feel free to use the chocolate or banana if you’re feeling adventurous!
Ingredients in chocolate chip pudding cookies
Pudding cookies are an easy, eight-ingredient treat. We’ll start with pudding mix, and then we’ll add flour, baking powder, an egg, ghee, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and — the best part —chocolate chips!
- Instant pudding mix: First up is the pudding mix! You will need 1 package. As mentioned above, I recommend P.S. Snacks Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix for yummy flavor and a great textured cookie.
- Almond flour: Next will come the flour. Use 1 1/2 cups of your preferred almond flour.
- Baking powder: To help the cookies get nice and fluffy and cook evenly, use 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Egg: You will need 1 egg. Use the yolk and the white.
- Ghee: 1/3 cup of melted ghee will help the ingredients bind together properly. You can also use coconut oil!
- Maple syrup: 1/3 cup of maple syrup is going to add the perfect amount of sweet flavor to the cookies. It’s a great way to sweeten things up with a natural ingredient!
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract makes cookies complete. Use 1 tsp.
- Chocolate chips: Last but not least, set aside 1 cup of your favorite chocolate chips!
Tools needed for this pudding cookies recipe
For measuring, you will need the following sizes: 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make pudding cookies
Pudding cookies are made just like regular chocolate chip cookies. We’ll start by combining the dry ingredients, and then the wet, and then we’ll mix everything together! When all is said and done you should have 14-18 crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, golden brown cookies.
To begin, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine the instant pudding mix with the almond flour and baking powder.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well-combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop the cookie dough in rounded spoonfuls onto the lined baking sheet and then flatten them slightly.
Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
Like most cookie recipes, these pudding treats are flexible. You can switch out ingredients as you see fit using some of the options below!
- Almond flour: If you prefer white flour, feel free to use it in place of the almond. Pay attention to the final consistency of the batter — if it feels too runny, you may need a bit more flour.
- Egg: Feel free to replace the egg with a plant-based egg alternative or make your own “egg” using 1 tbsp of chia seeds and 3 tbsp of water! You can also swap the egg with 1/4 cup of apple sauce.
- Maple syrup: Want to sweeten your cookies with white sugar? Feel free! We use 1/3 cup of maple syrup in this recipe, which means you will need around 1/2 cup of sugar to reach the same level of sweetness.
- Ghee: Ghee can be substituteed with coconut oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil. Essentially any baking oil can be used here.
- Chocolate chips: Lastly, chocolate chips can be replaced with any morsel flavor! Try white chocolate, butterscotch, or even peanut butter.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
The holidays call for lots of cookie recipes, so I want to share some more of my favorites! Try one of these or include them all on a yummy holiday charcuterie dessert board.
- Healthy Gluten Free Linzer Cookies
- Easy Nutella Cookies
- Healthy White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Healthy Salted Caramel Cookies
Photos by Moriah Sawtelle and recipe by Erin Antoniak.
- 1 package Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup ghee (or coconut oil), melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the Instant Pudding Mix with the almond flour and baking powder.
- In a separate larger bowl, whisk together the egg, melted ghee, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well-combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie dough by rounded spoonfuls onto the lined baking sheet, then flatten slightly.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 14-18 cookies.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂