Whip up something new and exciting with this Easy Nutella Cookies recipe. These bad boys are filled with your favorite hazelnut spread, plus the addition of some extra indulgent ingredients. It’s the perfect treat!
Cookies just got a whole lot sweeter…
Let’s talk hazelnut spread. It’s creamy, delicious, a little bit nutty, undeniably chocolatey, and perfect for all things dipping (especially pretzels). You know the kind!
But what if you took that rich creaminess and bundled it up into a cookie?
I did just that, and let’s just say that the results were not disappointing. With just a few simple ingredients and a bit of baking trial and error, these easy Nutella cookies came to life. I can’t wait to share them with my fam!
So if you want in on these tasty treats, grab your favorite hazelnut spread, and let’s get to making this Nutella cookie recipe!
Ingredients in easy Nutella cookies
The ingredients in Nutella chocolate chip cookies are just as you’d imagine – sweet, satisfying, and über delicious. We’ll be using almond flour, coconut sugar, and an egg to form the cookies, in addition to actual Nutella (or Nutiva) for that hazelnut flavor!
- Chocolate hazelnut spread: First up for these Nutella cookies, you’ll need 1 cup of a hazelnut spread. Nutella itself will work, but you can also use a low sugar type like Nutiva.
- Coconut sugar: For sweetness, grab 3/4 cup of coconut sugar.
- Egg: Next up, you will need 1 egg.
- Almond flour: 1/2 cup of almond flour will be used to help form the cookies.
- Vanilla extract: Cookies always taste better with vanilla extract, so add in 1 tsp.
- Hazelnuts: For extra nutty flavor, use 1/2 cup of chopped hazelnuts.
- Chocolate chips: Finally, we’ll be using 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, both for baking into the cookies and for sprinkling on top!
Tools used to make this recipe
As for measuring out the ingredients, you’ll need 1 tsp, 1/2 cup, 3/4 cup, and 1 cup sized measurements.
How to make easy Nutella cookies
Chocolate Nutella cookies are made just like any other cookie recipe. Just mix the ingredients, assemble them on a baking sheet, sprinkle with cookies, and then bake! I like to sprinkle a dash of sea salt as well.
To begin, preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the chocolate hazelnut spread, coconut sugar, and egg.
Once combined, add the almond flour and vanilla.
Then, using a spatula, fold in the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips. You can also leave a few out to put on top of the cookies.
Next, roll the mix into balls and then flatten them on the cookie sheet. They won’t spread much.
Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool completely before sprinkling with sea salt, and enjoy!
I like to use versatile ingredients that can be easily swapped when needed. It just makes baking ten times easier, because there’s a bigger chance that you have all of the ingredients right on deck! This is especially perfect for when those intense cravings strike.
First up is the sugar! I like to go for coconut (it’s lower glycemic and tastes yummy), but you can use whatever you have! Go for a 1:1 ratio.
For a bit of a different taste, white chocolate is a great option! Just use white chocolate chips rather than regular chocolate, and you’ll have a delicious blend of flavor.
Note on the flour
People often ask if they can sub all-purpose flour for almond flour. It’s usually pretty difficult because they cook very differently. If you’d like to give it a go, be sure to look up the proper conversions. 1:1 won’t work.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Scones (Gluten-Free)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together chocolate hazelnut spread, coconut sugar, and egg.
- Once combined, add in almond flour and vanilla.
- Using a spatula, fold in chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips. I leave a few out so I can put some on the top of the cookies.
- Roll in balls and then flatten onto cookie sheet. These cookies do not spread much.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool completely before sprinkling with sea salt and eating.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂