This healthy chocolate chip cookie skillet is easy to make, made with only a handful of simple ingredients, and goes great with a scoop of dairy free ice cream. It is entirely gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
There are fewer things in life that are better than a warm healthy chocolate chip cookie skillet. Or a cookie of any type in a skillet. Something about being able to just throw all the ingredients into one bowl, then into one skillet, and bake it right up in there is magical.
The best part is of course eating straight from that skillet with only a few utensils 😉
The other week, I was playing around with a cookie recipe and remembered that my Lodge cast iron skillet was right in the cabinet next to me. It immediately clicked that I wanted to make one big serving and cut it into wedges to eat with ice cream THAT night.
I’m one of those people who will get something in their head and then be set on it until it happens, so let’s just say that a cookie skillet was going down.
For as long as I can remember, I have needed to have some sort of sweet after dinner. I know some people say they can ‘train’ themselves to not crave sugar or something sweet after dinner but I genuinely feel like it makes me a happier person when I’m able to have something a little bit sweet.
Two small pieces of dark chocolate just don’t cut it for me, and that’s when I’m pretty thankful for my stash from the freezer where I typically keep most of my baked goods that I don’t give away!
But yeah, I made this cookie skillet and it was gone within three days thanks to sharing it with the entire family. I even topped it with some of my famous frosting for a little extra sweetness and it was amazing.
I ended up making another one for me to take with me to Tom’s mountain house weekend with all of his friends and it was delicious.
Made with only a handful of simple ingredients, it makes you feel good when digging in. It is also really flexible in terms of nut butter (in these pictures I used walnut butter, and when I made it for the mountains I used cashew butter!). You can also add some fun toppings or different flavored chips into it.
I hope everyone gets the chance to make this healthy chocolate chip cookie skillet because it is delicious!!
CONNECT WITH ERIN LIVES WHOLE!
Be sure to follow me on my social media accounts
If you make one of my recipes, snap a photo and tag it @erinliveswhole on Instagram and hashtag it #ELWeats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup nut butter of choice (I’ve used walnut and cashew)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- I also topped mine with my favorite chocolate frosting.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, coconut sugar, nut butter, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined. Batter will be very thick.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour/spoon into skillet, spread it around to touch all edge, and top with more chocolate.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until center comes out clean when toothpick stuck in middle. Timing will depend on size of skillet, so keep an eye on it.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Best kept on counter for up to five days.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂