This Cinnamon Roll Skillet Cookie is about to rock your world, think sweet, cinnamon-filled, warm cookie cake.
I was really in the mood to bake last weekend and I really wanted to make cinnamon rolls, but I also really didn’t want to leave my apartment to go get yeast because I didn’t have any on hand. So I did the next best thing and scrolled through the saved photos on my Instagram for inspiration. I came across someone’s post for a cookie skillet and since that has already been done before and I was now craving said skillet and cinnamon rolls, I thought, “why not combine the two?”
This skillet baby was born out of a mixture of my need for cinnamon rolls and my long desire to bake. And let me tell you, it is damn good. Find yourself a friend, grab two spoons, and go to town on this cake.
It’s completely paleo. It’s grain-free, dairy-free, can be made vegan, has only natural sugars in it. It can be whipped up in literally ten minutes, and then baked in another 20. So what is holding you back from making it?
I’m thinking I need to come up with a frosting for the top next…doesn’t that sound good?
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg.
- Add in coconut sugar, almond butter, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- Stir in almond flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Grease your skillet well. I used more melted coconut oil.
- Pour batter into skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon swirl ingredients together. Drop by spoonfuls onto uncooked skillet batter and swirl with knife.
- Baked in 350F oven for 18-20 minutes depending on skillet size. I have the 10.25 inch.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂