Healthy Cookie Dough Bars are the perfect all natural chocolate treat! This no-bake recipe is gluten-free and made with just four simple ingredients.
Delicious healthy cookie dough bars
Growing up, I loved making cookies, and not because of the actual cookies. My favorite part was the dough! The same goes for brownies and cakes… I only wanted the batter! I’d always have to sneak it so that nobody would scold me about the risk of eating raw eggs.
As I got older and didn’t need the help of a parent to bake, I was able to fully enjoy the dough and batter without risk of getting caught! Ahhh, adulthood.
It’s safe to say, any cookie dough treat is a winner in my book, these no-bake treats included! I love that though they’re made with healthier ingredients, they really do taste exactly like cookie dough. Topped with a chocolate and cashew butter “icing,” they’re absolutely drool-worthy.
Healthy cookie dough bars are the perfect treat for gatherings
If you’re looking for a sweet treat that can be enjoyed by pretty much everyone, this is it. This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, naturally sweetened, and made with just four ingredients. How can you beat that?! If you’re hosting a gathering or attending a potluck, this is a perfect option.
And… for all of the parents out there, don’t be afraid to give this treat to your kiddos. Since it’s sweetened naturally, you don’t have to prepare for a sugar attack! No jumping off of the walls with this sweet treat!
Ingredients used to make this cookie dough recipe
This recipe only uses four main ingredients (plus salt)! It’s that simple. Though there are two parts, both parts use the same ingredients!
Keep the chocolate chips, cashew butter, and salt from the dough layer handy, because that’s what you’ll be using for the chocolate layer!
Cookie dough layer:
- Cashew butter
- Mini chocolate chips
Kitchen tools required to make this recipe
This no-bake recipe only requires tools for mixing and setting the ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need, and in order:
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spatula or spoon
- 8×8 pan (or a larger pan if you’d like thinner bars)
- Parchment paper
- Microwavable bowl
How to make healthy cookie dough bars
Cookie dough bars are a wonderful no-bake option that you can whip together in a matter of minutes! This is a treat that everyone will enjoy. Plus, you’ll enjoy making it because it only takes about 10 minutes of prep time. After that, to the freezer it goes!
Next, add the chocolate chips and the salt.
Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, and then press this mixture down on top.
For the chocolate layer, you’ll need a microwavable bowl. Melt the chocolate chips and cashew butter in 30 second increments until fully melted.
Pour the mixture on top of the dough layer.
Place the pan in the freezer for one hour, sprinkle sea salt on top, and then cut into bars.
Store in the fridge or freezer.
Ingredient substitution options
Cashew butter and chocolate chips are two ingredients that can be easily substituted in this recipe. Here are some swap ideas for each.
- Cashew butter: You can use any nut butter that you’d like. Peanut butter and almond butter are two easy options! Use a 1:1 ratio.
- Mini chocolate chips: In more of a white chocolate mood? That’ll work! Use a 1:1 ratio when making the swap.
A healthier cookie dough recipe
By using select ingredients, I was able to keep these cookie treats totally gluten free and all natural.
- All natural sugar: This recipe is sweetened with all natural maple syrup. The chocolate chips add their fair share of sweetness as well!
- Cashew butter: Cashew butter is a great option because it contains an exceptional amount of nutrients! It provides a great serving of protein, healthy fat, iron, calcium, and more.
- Oat flour: This recipe is gluten-free thanks to oat flour! Plus, this type of flour provides much more taste than all-purpose flour.
Try these chocolaty recipes too
Calling all chocolate lovers! If you have a sweet tooth and love making new chocolate chip recipes, you’ll want to try these!
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
For cookie dough layer:
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup oat flour (or 1 cup almond flour)
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- sea salt
- In a large bowl, mix together cashew butter, maple syrup, and oat flour.
- Add in chocolate chips and salt.
- Press down into 8×8 pan, I lined mine with parchment paper.
- For chocolate layer, in a microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate chips and cashew butter in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Pour on top of cookie dough layer.
- Place in freezer for one hour, sprinkle sea salt on top, and then cut into bars.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
- Category: dessert, gluten-free
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy cookie dough bars, cookie dough bars, healthy cookie dough
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂