This Vegan Mint Chocolate Tart is a delicious, rich chocolate dessert made with a gluten free graham cracker crust! It is super easy to make, dairy free, gluten free, vegan and tastes so decadent – you won’t even believe that it is healthy!
Vegan Mint Chocolate Tart HEAVEN is the alternate name for this deliciously rich dessert that I’m sharing with you all today! It is one of my new favorite holiday desserts, and let’s be honest I’ll be eating this far into the new year as well. Chocolate and mint always go together any time of the year, but it’s particularly well suited for the holiday season.
One of my favorite desserts is a little chocolate truffle because of the rich dense chocolate center that literally melts in your mouth. I swear I could eat them every single night and never get tired of them, so I figured I should make something where I don’t have to eat five in one sitting and instead can just eat a slice.
Enter, the vegan mint chocolate tart.
It is made from a few simple and healthy ingredients including cocoa powder, coconut milk, coconut oil, and maple syrup. The richness comes from the delicious combination of melted chocolate and thick coconut milk, which together create the ultimate fudgy texture.
The crust is also made with a few simple ingredients: graham crackers, maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt.
I used gluten free graham crackers that I got from Nairn’s.
Nairn’s has been using oats for over 100 years to bake tasty and wholesome food. Their gluten free oats are carefully grown, sourced and milled by committed farmers, then baked in a dedicated gluten free bakery. Every batch is certified gluten free using the Elisa standard, a system approved by the Celiac Association.
They are now available at Wegmans, Safeway, Albertsons, Whole Foods, Shop Rite, Kings, Kroger, Sprouts, Gelson’s, Walmart, and other quality grocers.
Together the graham cracker crust and the rich chocolate filling make an incredibly dreamy combination.
You guys are going to love this vegan mint chocolate tart!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs – about 10oz (I used Nairn’s)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease pie dish.
- In a food processor, blend graham crackers to make crumbs.
- Once two cups have been measured out, add in salt, maple syrup and coconut oil and blend until well combined.
- Press into greased pie dish and then bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Take out and let cool.
- While pie crust is cooling, add coconut milk and coconut oil to a saucepan.
- Turn heat on medium until starts to gently bubble.
- Add the milk mixture over top of the chocolate chips in a bowl and let sit for one minute.
- The chips will melt at this point, stir to combine.
- Once completely melted, add in cocoa powder, maple syrup and peppermint extract.
- Pour into cooled crust and chill in fridge minimum four hours before eating.
- Store in fridge up to one week!
Can garnish with coconut whipped cream and chocolate shavings
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂