Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Casserole is a healthy and satisfying dish that’s made using broccoli, onions, bacon, and more. This delicious recipe requires just 10 minutes of prep time!
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (about 3 large breasts), cut into cubes.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes. You can leave the skin on or take it off.
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into small florets.
- 1 cup buffalo sauce, I used New Primal but Franks would be good here.
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup cooked turkey bacon
- drizzle of ranch
- Preheat oven to 425F and grease 9×13 casserole dish.
- Prepare your chicken, potatoes, and broccoli by cutting to smaller pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together buffalo sauce, avocado oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- In a large bowl, add your sweet potatoes and half of the buffalo sauce mixture. Toss till combined well.
- Pour sweet potatoes into casserole dish and roast for 30 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Add chicken and broccoli to bowl sweet potatoes were in and add remainder of buffalo sauce. Toss to coat completely.
- After 30 minutes is up, add broccoli and chicken to top of sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165F.
- Take out, top with cheese, green onion, and cooked bacon and place back in oven for five more minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Let cool a few moments before serving. Add any remaining toppings like ranch or blue cheese.
Store in fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for longer.
- Category: dinner, lunch, gluten-free, meal prep
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy casserole, buffalo chicken sweet potato casserole, buffalo chicken casserole, healthy meal prep