Chocolate Chickpea Brownies are a healthy alternative to regular brownies and are fudgy, chocolatey, and easy to make. They are made gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
- 1 – 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I like almond or peanut)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips and more for sprinkling on top!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, blend chickpeas, nut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla,
- Once blended, add in almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Continue to process, scraping down sides as necessary until smooth.
- Once creamy and smooth, take off lid (I also remove blade) and stir in chocolate chips.
- Do not process the chips.
- Pour into greased 8×8 pan and sprinkle with extra chocolate chips if desired. ** see note for extra thickness
- Bake for 21-23 minutes.
I’ve also baked them in a loaf pan for extra thick brownies. This took about 30-35 minutes to bake, but they were really good this way!
- Category: Dessert, vegan, gluten-free
Keywords: vegan, healthy, chickpea brownies