Cozy up with a delicious bowl of Creamy Pumpkin Pasta. Made with coconut milk, pumpkin purée, and fresh sage, it provides all of the warm and delightful flavors of the season. Eat atop your favorite noodles for an easy, filling meal.
- 16 oz dried pasta, I used brown rice fusilli
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced small
- 10 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, chopped
- 1 15oz can coconut milk
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne
- *optional* 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package, drain. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, heat avocado oil over medium high heat.
- Add in onion, mushrooms, garlic, and sage. Saute until mushrooms and onions are cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in can of coconut milk and can of pumpkin, then stir in all of the spices. Taste a little and add more spices to your taste. Let simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Pour your cooked pasta into the pan, and stir until well combined. If you are adding cheese, now would be the perfect time!
- Serve immediately. Store in fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for 3 months.
- Category: dinner, lunch, meal-prep, gluten-free
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pasta, vegan dinner, fall recipes, fall pasta, pumpkin pasta