Grilled Asian Salmon
- 2 pounds salmon, cut into filets with or without skin (about 5 filets)
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (or other neutral oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- In a large bowl, whisk together dijon mustard, soy sauce, oil, garlic, and . Set aside two tablespoons of marinade to drizzle on top after cooking.
- Add salmon filets to the bowl and cover well with remaining marinade. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grease well with nonstick spray while heating up.
- Place salmon filets skin side down on grill. Cook 4-5 minutes depending on thickness.
- After 4-5 minutes, flip gently either using a fish spatula or tongs and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Take salmon off grill and let rest 10 minutes before eating.
- Start preparing the coconut rice by washing white rice. Once clean, add to sauce pan with coconut milk, water, and salt. Cover with lid and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and cook 13 minutes. After 13 minutes, turn off heat and let rest 10 minutes. Fluff with fork after 10 minutes and add lime juice.
- Add salmon and coconut rice to a plate, garnish with sesame seeds and parsley and remaining marinade.