This grilled honey mustard chicken recipe will be your new favorite easy dinner and meal prep! Healthy grilled chicken tenders that go perfectly on their own, on a salad, or even in a wrap!
- 3 lbs chicken tenders
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
Honey Mustard Sauce:
- Place chicken tenders in a bag with 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, and salt. Marinate in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Prepare honey mustard sauce by combining mustard, honey, 3 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Split the sauce in half and save half for later.
- Grease your grill well.
- Turn the grill up to 425 degrees and once hot, place your chicken tenders on.
- These chicken tenders don’t have any sauce on them yet, so you will essentially be grilling them naked. *You can grill them with the sauce directly on them right away, just be aware that the sugar crystals in the honey will burn and leave a deeper char.
- Grill the tenders for three minutes and then flip. Once you have flipped them for the first time, brush with a hefty dose of honey mustard sauce.
- Close the lid and let them grill for another 3 minutes.
- After three minutes are up, flip back over again and brush the other side with honey mustard sauce.
- Close the lid and grill for two minutes.
- Flip one more time to get grill marks on both sides (thanks to the sugar crystals in the honey burning, causing a nice char).
- Remove tenders once internal temperature reaches 165F, about 8-10 minutes total.
- Serve with remaining honey mustard sauce.
- Category: dinner
- Method: grill
Keywords: honey mustard grilled chicken, grilled chicken tenders, chicken tenders, honey mustard chicken