The entire family will love this healthy gingerbread cake with cream cheese frosting. It’s a soft, moist delicious cake and requires just one hour to make.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup very warm water
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×13 pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and coconut sugar. Add in coconut oil and molasses. Stir until well combined.
- Whisk in warm water.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients into wet, half at a time. Stir until completely combined.
- Pour into greased cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Make frosting while cake is cooling.
- Using a food processor or spatula, blend together frosting ingredients until smooth. Chill in fridge if warm to touch.
- Frost cake once it is completely cooled.
- Store sealed in a cool place.
- Category: whole-wheat, nut-free
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: gingerbread cake, cream cheese frosting, healthy gingerbread cake, whole wheat dessert, holiday desserts, healthy holiday desserts