- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb ground turkey (93/7 blend preferred)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.3 oz pack taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large sauté pan, heat avocado oil. Once hot, add in onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey and cook until no longer pink.
- Add in garlic and half of the taco seasoning. Mix. Turn off heat. Pour meat into casserole dish. I used a 6×10 dish. It will need to be a smaller dish for baked dips, as a 9×13 will be too big.
- In a bowl, mix together the beans, diced tomatoes, and HALF of what’s left of the taco seasoning.
- Pour the bean mixture on top of the turkey.
- In another bowl, mix together yogurt and the other HALF of the taco seasoning. Spread this on top of the bean mixture in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle half the chopped green onion on top, then layer all of the cheese. Top with remaining green onion and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Category: superbowl, appetizer, dip, taco, healthy dip, apps, snacksMethod: ovenCuisine: MexicanDiet: Gluten Free