- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 5 heaping cups broccoli, chopped small (2 small heads)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 1 tbsp milk
- In a dutch oven, heat avocado oil. Add in onion and saute until softened.
- Add in garlic and let cook 2 minutes.
- Using a whisk, add in the flour, then the chicken stock until well combined and no clumps.
- Bring to a boil, then add the broccoli, carrots, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the milk and the cheese. Lower heat to medium and stir.
- In a small dish, whisk together the arrowroot and milk to create a slurry, then pour it into the soup. This will help thicken your soup greatly. Let soup cook for 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Turn off heat and serve!
Category: dinner, lunch, meal-prep, gluten-freeMethod: stovetopCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free