These Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes are moist and filled with rich, chocolate flavor! Made healthy, completely gluten free and dairy free, yet they will please an entire crowd. Topped these off with vegan peanut butter frosting for a delicious touch!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Peanut Butter Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350F and line cupcake tin with cupcake liners
- In a small bowl, mix almond flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- In a larger bowl, whisk pumpkin with eggs until very well combined and smooth.
- Add in maple syrup, oil, almond butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, stirring until fully combined.
- If desired, fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into cupcake tin and fill 3/4 the way.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients until completely smooth. You will need to stop and scrape down sides at least once.
- Let cool in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Pipe onto completely cooled cupcakes.
- Top with more crushed peanut butter cups
Store in fridge.
- Category: dessert, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan
Keywords: paleo baking, chocolate cupcakes, paleo cupcakes, vegan frosting, peanut butter