- 1lb loaf challah, diced into big cubes
- 1 package sausage links, cooked and diced
- 3/4 cup pecans, diced
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- powdered sugar for topping
- Heat oven to 375F and grease 9×13 casserole dish.
- Add diced challah to a large bowl, add chopped sausage and pecans.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour egg mixture over challah mixture and stir until evenly coated, but do not over mix, as you don’t want it to become soggy.
- Pour mixture into greased casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, melt butter in microwave. Whisk in coconut sugar once melted, and then pour this mixture over top of french toast mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until brown and crispy on top.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Category: breakfast, holiday, meal prepMethod: ovenCuisine: American