Healthy Three Bean Turkey Chili that is easy to make, made with lean ground turkey, three types of beans, and tomatoes. This simple recipe is the best and is the perfect fall recipe!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 14.5oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can dark red kidney beans
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large sauce pot, hit oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in diced onion and green pepper, and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add in garlic and ground turkey, and cook until no longer pink.
- Keep juice in pot, add in tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and beans – be sure to drain and rinse beans before adding in.
- Stir to combine and add in vegetable broth.
- Reduce heat to low and add in all seasonings.
- Simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes, or until beans become slightly soft.
- Serve with plain greek yogurt, cheese, cilantro, and cornbread!
- Category: dinner, gluten free, savory, dairy free
Keywords: three bean turkey chili, healthy fall recipe, turkey chili, healthy turkey chili