This Vegan Chocolate Mint Tart is a delicious, rich chocolate dessert made with a gluten free graham cracker crust!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs – about 10oz (I used Nairn’s)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease pie dish.
- In a food processor, blend graham crackers to make crumbs.
- Once two cups have been measured out, add in salt, maple syrup and coconut oil and blend until well combined.
- Press into greased pie dish and then bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Take out and let cool.
- While pie crust is cooling, add coconut milk and coconut oil to a saucepan.
- Turn heat on medium until starts to gently bubble.
- Add the milk mixture over top of the chocolate chips in a bowl and let sit for one minute.
- The chips will melt at this point, stir to combine.
- Once completely melted, add in cocoa powder, maple syrup and peppermint extract.
- Pour into cooled crust and chill in fridge minimum four hours before eating.
- Store in fridge up to one week!
Can garnish with coconut whipped cream and chocolate shavings
- Category: gluten-free, dessert, dairy-free
Keywords: healthy dessert, chocolate tart, gluten free, dairy free, vegan dessert, healthy holiday baking