Start your morning right with Baked Oatmeal for One! This nutritious meal is ready in half an hour and can be made two ways (including chocolate!).
A delicious and healthy meal to jumpstart your day
You know what they say… breakfast is the most important meal of the day! I’m starting to realize how true this is. When I eat something filling and nutritious is the morning, my day just seems to go better! It’s probably because I’m not starving and fixated on lunch time by 11am, but either way, I’ll take it.
Oatmeal is a fantastic way to kickstart your day. It’s nutrient-rich, filling, and leaves you feeling satisfied all morning. I love to top mine with bananas, chocolate chips, and even berries!
While there are hundreds of various ways to prepare it, these are two of my favorites! The recipes vary by only a couple of ingredients, and both options are easy to make and only require 5 minutes of prep time.
Ingredients in baked oatmeal for one
When it comes to creating this recipe, you have two options: the OG, original flavor version, and the chocolate rendition! Both recipes are cooked the same way, but the chocolate version requires one extra ingredient. Here’s what you need for each one:
- Rolled Oats: For the base, use 1 cup of rolled oats.
- Banana: Next up, a banana adds extra nutrients and great flavor. You’ll need 1 medium sized banana, and it needs to be ripe.
- Maple Syrup: For a sweet and sugary (but healthy) flavor, add 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Vanilla: Strengthen the flavor with 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Baking Powder: ½ tsp of baking powder will help the baked oatmeal achieve the right consistency.
- Salt: Include a pinch of salt to pull the flavors together.
- Almond Milk: ¼ cup of almond milk will create the perfect texture.
- Chocolate Chips: To give the recipe a hint of chocolate flavor, add in 2 tbsp of chocolate chips (or more if you’d like).
The chocolate version holds the same ingredients with 1 change and 1 addition.
- Ripe Banana: Instead of a medium banana, add a large banana.
- Cocoa Powder: Add ¼ cup of cocoa powder to get an enhanced chocolate flavor!
Tools needed to make this oatmeal recipe
You’ll need a few tools to create these oatmeal recipes. Start with a ramekin dish (or see the substitutes section for other dishes you can use), a high speed blender, and a toothpick (or something to use to test the baked oatmeal for readiness).
For measuring, you’ll need ½ tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, ¼ cup, and 1 cup.
How to make single served baked oatmeal
Are you ready to make this baked oatmeal recipe? Grab your ingredients and tools, and let’s begin!
Start by preheating the oven to 350°F and greasing your ramekin dish.
Next, take your high speed blender and add all of the ingredients in order as listed above EXCEPT the chocolate chips. Keep those to the side for now.
Blend the mixture for 15-20 seconds, or until well combined.
Once mostly smooth, stir in half of the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the ramekin dish and top with the remainder of chocolate chips.
Bake the dish for 25-30 minutes or until your toothpick (or other tool) inserted in the middle of the dish comes out clean.
Finally, top it all off with a pinch of sea salt, and enjoy!
- Ramekin: Don’t have a ramekin dish? You can replace it with a mug, another small baking dish, or any other dish that can be used in the oven and is relatively the same size as a ramekin.
- Maple syrup: If you’re out of maple syrup, you can replace it with molasses or honey!
- Almond milk: Almond milk can be swapped with any other milk (in equal parts).
Take things up a notch with extra mix ins
Craving some more sweets in your oatmeal? Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me! Go the dessert oatmeal route by adding M&Ms, Kit-Kats, or crushed Crunch bars for extra fun flavor.
Or, you can also skip the chocolate and go the fruity route! Mix in any of your favorite dried fruits like cranberries, strawberries, mangoes, bananas, or apples for instant flavor. You can top your oatmeal with fresh fruit as well!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Need some more breakfast ideas? Here are some delicious morning meals to whip together this week!
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Healthy Crab Cakes Benedict
- Egg Muffin Cups Four Ways
- Matcha Blender Muffins
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by Quarter Soul Crisis
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a ramekin dish.
- In a high speed blender, add all ingredients in order as listed EXCEPT chocolate chips.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds or until well combined.
- Once mostly smooth, stir in half of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into ramekin and top with remainder of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Top with sea salt and enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂