No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Friends, I found the most perfect no-bake chocolate chip granola bar recipe for you to make as your next afternoon snack. These bars take less than 10 minutes to whip up – yes, they are THAT simple. It also helps that they literally taste like a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup.
Was anyone else a fan of those little Chewy Granola bars growing up? I swear my mom would get the Costco size box of the Quaker Granola bars every other week because of the pace my brother and I ate them at. We absolutely gobbled those babies up, and they were fairly small in size so I think that made it even easier.
I remember her packing those for our lunches every. single. day. without hesitation. My friends always knew that I was going to have my little Chewy granola bar with me. I would take them for after school snacks, on field trips, to sporting events – it was safe to say that my household was team Chewy.
Who knows if you can even find them anymore but because of my love affair with granola bars, I knew I wanted to create my own recipe for them. These ones are far more peanut buttery, are way more filling, and are total crowd pleasers. I specifically remember those guys not being filling at all and just how easy it was to put down three. Plus, I’m kind of scared to look at the ingredient list – definitely some questionable characters in there.
These no bake peanut butter granola bars are made with wholesome ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry! I gave half to Tom to take to work and he raved about them for days. Actually, he still does. He asked me to make them for him again multiple times, so I always take that as a good sign!
Let me know if you give them a try!
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup almonds
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 cup creamy, natural peanut butter (any nut butter will work)
- ½ cup honey
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, almonds, chocolate chips, cinnamon, salt in a bowl - stir to combine.
- In separate smaller bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and press down firmly with bottom of spatula.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, I prefer overnight! Use a knife to cut into desired sizes. Keep them in the fridge.