A hearty bowl of easy minestrone soup to warm you up during the cold season!Print
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (or olive)
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes (I used basil & garlic flavor)
- 1 14oz can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 15oz can canellini beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chickpea pasta (I used Banza)
- Parmesan cheese
- In a large sauce pot, heat oil.
- Add in celery, onion, and carrots and cook for about 6 minutes, until begin to soften.
- Add the garlic in and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Stir in the oregano, basil, 3/4 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp pepper and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add in both diced and crushed tomatoes and chicken stock, stir.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for additional 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add in the beans and pasta and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese on top.
- Category: Dinner
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂