Cool down and fuel up with this delicious protein-packed Key Lime Smoothie. Top with whipped cream and graham cracker for ultimate key lime pie vibes!
The most delicious lime shake
One of my favorite ways to sneak protein into my day is with a flavorful and creamy smoothie. Sometimes I’m craving some protein after a workout, and other days I want something sweet but beneficial to my body. On either occasion, a key lime smoothie is a perfect answer!
Made with banana, Greek yogurt, key lime juice, and your favorite protein powder, this key lime smoothie is like a key lime pie wrapped up in a tasty, icy, refreshing smoothie. When garnished with crushed graham crackers, you really get the key lime pie vibe!
As with many of my other smoothies, this one is made in little to no time at all. It’s a quick and simple recipe that makes the perfect post-workout meal or afternoon snack!
Ingredients in this key lime pie smoothie
No smoothie is complete without something liquid (almond milk), something thick and dense (banana and yogurt), some protein, and something sweet (in this case, key lime!). Here’s everything you’ll need.
- Banana: First up, you will need 1 frozen banana. A frozen banana will help the smoothie reach the correct consistency. If you need to use fresh, consider adding a bit of extra ice.
- Greek yogurt: Next up is 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt. This is going to make the smoothie nice and thick while also adding some protein!
- Ice: Create a refreshing and icy consistency with 1/2 cup of ice.
- Protein powder: Next up, protein powder! Use 2 tbsp of vanilla for a delicious pie-like flavor.
- Almond milk: 1/2 cup of almond milk will be just enough liquid to smoothie-fy this shake.
- Key lime juice: To get the classic key lime flavor, use 1/4 cup of key lime juice. If needed, you can substitute this with regular lime juice (but the taste will be slightly different).
- Lime zest: Finally, add a bit of lime zest in the amount of 1 tsp.
- Optional garnish: Optionally complete your smoothie by garnishing it with whipped cream and/or graham crackers!
Tools needed to create this smoothie
This smoothie is a real treat, both for its sweet flavor and for the fact that it’s simple. So simple, that only one kitchen tool is needed: a blender! Grab that and your measuring cups (1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, and 1/2 cup), and you’re good to go!
How to make a key lime smoothie
This recipe requires only two steps and less than five minutes of time.
To begin, add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If needed, add more almond milk to help the smoothie reach your desired consistency.
Pour into a glass and garnish with whipped cream and crushed graham cracker.
Can I double this recipe?
Easily! Simply double all of the ingredients and prepare as directed. Most blenders are large enough to accommodate two servings.
Can I use regular lime juice?
You can! Key limes and standard limes are different, but they’re similar enough that lime juice will work just fine in this recipe.
How should this be stored?
If you have some extra smoothie left over, simply cover and store in the refrigerator. Before enjoying, I recommend giving it another quick blitz in the blender to make sure the ingredients haven’t settled.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Smoothies are the perfect snack, breakfast, post-workout meal, and dessert. They’re versatile, yummy, and can be made in a million different ways! Here are some more smoothies to quench your thirst.
- Snickerdoodle Protein Smoothie
- Orange Creamsickle Smoothie
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Coffee Protein Smoothie
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photography by Moriah Sawtelle
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup key lime juice (or lime juice)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- optional garnish: whipped cream, graham crackers
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. If needed, add more almond milk to thin.
- Pour into glass and garnish with whipped cream and crushed graham cracker.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂