This healthy pumpkin pie smoothie is the perfect fall breakfast or a post-workout snack. It’s creamy and filled with real pumpkin puree!
Easy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie For Fall
It never fails, every fall, I crave pumpkin spice. Even though it isn’t shameful to indulge in a slice of pumpkin pie, there are definitely healthier ways to give in to those cravings.
I created this healthy pumpkin pie smoothie because it has the same creamy texture as pie – and the exact same sweet and spicy tastes.
I even managed to make this smoothie good for you. Yup! With Greek yogurt and bananas, this is a high-protein and high-fiber smoothie that will nourish your body with the vitamins it needs.
So, go ahead and give in to your pumpkin spice cravings. You are going to love this smoothie!
Ingredients In This Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
This smoothie has some of the same ingredients that you have used in other smoothies along with pumpkin puree and spices. Here is a bit more about what I used.
- Banana: Pick up a bag of frozen banana from the frozen smoothie section at your grocery store. You’ll need the equivilent of one banana.
- Ice Cubes: I used about 6 ice cubes. Use more if you want it to be colder or thicker.
- Pumpkin Puree: You need half a cup of pumpkin puree. Just pick up a small can and use it in the smoothie.
- Greek Yogurt: Use either plain or vanilla Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt has more protein and it’s thicker so it’s the best choice to use in smoothies. You will need 1/2 a cup of yogurt.
- Almond Milk: I used unsweetened plain almond milk, about 1/2 cup. If you use sweetened almond milk, skip the added maple syrup.
- Maple Syrup: Adjust how much you use based on how sweet you want it to taste. I used a tablepsoon.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: You can make your own, but I like to buy the jar of premade spice mix. I only used a teaspoon of it, so you don’t need much.
- Vanilla: Skip the vanilla if you used vanilla yogurt. I used a very small amount of it – 1/2 teaspoon.
Kitchen Tools Required For This Smoothie
You don’t need very many tools to make a smoothie – basically a blender and a cup.
- Drinking Glass
For measuring, you will need 1/2 cup, 1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon, and 1/2 teaspoon.
How To Make A Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
The entire recipe is in the printable recipe card just a little further below. This is a really simple recipe to make.
All you do is add all the ingredients to the blender. Then, pulse it until everything is blended completely. Depending on your blender, you might need to use a rubber spatula to scrape the bottom or sides and keep pulsing.
That’s it! Blend the smoothie and then enjoy it!
Below are some common smoothie questions. Don’t see the answer you are looking for? Leave a comment at the bottom of this post!
How do you make homemade pumpkin pie spice?
I have a recipe for homemade pumpkin pie spice that I use whenever I run out of the jarred stuff. It’s a combination of 5 simple spices:
- Ground clove
How do you freeze a banana?
To freeze a banana, peel it first. Then, chop it up and place it in a freezer-safe bag or container that you can seal completely.
I prefer to place each banana in its own plastic freezer-safe food storage bag. That way, I know I am grabbing one whole banana when I take a bag out of the freezer.
How do you make this keto-friendly?
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, this smoothie is naturally gluten-free. I enjoy it as a quick grab-and-go breakfast.
What is the best blender for smoothies?
Good question! The best blender depends on how often you will be making smoothies. If you think you’ll make smoothies for lots of people and frequently, then I suggest investing in a professional blender. I use a Vitamix. It will outlast all that use.
If you are the only one that will be using it and you don’t make smoothies very often, you only need a single-serve blender like a NutriBullet. I love the NutriBullet because you can use the container as a drinking glass.
Honestly, this smoothie tastes the best fresh, as soon as you make it. It’s really difficult to store the drink without it melting and changing the texture.
You can store a leftover smoothie in the refrigerator for about a day, but I wouldn’t try to keep it longer than that.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Here are some more of my favorite pumpkin recipes. Enjoy!
- Pumpkin Oat Bars
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Instant Pot Pumpkin Chili
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photography by Moriah Sawtelle
- In a high powered blender, add all ingredients in order as listed.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into glass and top with any additional toppings.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂