Start your morning with a smoothie that’s easy and delicious. This vegan-friendly Blueberry Muffin Smoothie uses only 5 ingredients and is ready in under 5 minutes!
A quick and easy healthy blueberry muffin smoothie
There’s nothing better than starting the day with a cold and refreshing smoothie that’s just as healthy as it is delicious. This blueberry muffin smoothie packs 5 ingredients into one drink, supplying protein, nutrients, and immense flavor along the way.
And if you find yourself wondering “how can I make this blueberry muffin smoothie vegan,” you’re in luck. It’s already vegan! By using almond milk and skipping yogurt, we’re able to ditch dairy for a totally animal product-free meal.
Ingredients in this blueberry muffin smoothie
I love adding rolled oats to smoothies for some extra density and protein. You’re going to love the oats when paired with the other ingredients. It tastes like a total treat! Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Blueberries: You can’t have a blueberry smoothie without blueberries! This recipe begins with 1 cup, frozen.
- Rolled oats: Thicken up the smoothie with 1/2 cup of rolled oats.
- Almond butter: Then, add 2 tbsp of almond butter for flavor and texture.
- Chia seeds: 1 tbsp of chia seeds helps to make a denser smoothie and also sneaks in a bit of protein.
- Almond milk: For the liquid component, use 1 cup of almond milk.
- Protein powder: Last but not least, optionally add 1/4 cup of your favorite vanilla protein powder. This will also make the smoothie a tad sweeter!
Tools needed to make this blueberry muffin smoothie recipe
I love smoothies because they’re so easy and require such minimal supplies! For this recipe, all you will need is a high-powered blender and potentially a spoon to scrape down the sides of the blender. For measuring, you will need 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup sized measuring cups.
How to make this blueberry muffin smoothie recipe
Making this smoothie could not be simpler. It takes less than 5 minutes, including clean up time!
First, add everything to a high-powered blender in the order listed above.
Blend the mixture until it’s completely smooth. You might need to scrape down the sides a few times.
Once mixed, pour into glasses and top with granola, nuts, or nut butter.
Blueberry muffin smoothie topping ideas
Toppings are everything! Here are some delicious topping ideas that you can use to add that final touch to your smoothie. I love adding a combination for some extra crunch!
- Nut butter
- Fresh fruit (strawberries, bananas, blueberries)
- Chocolate chips
- Nut butter
Alternative ingredient options
Everyone has different ingredients on hand. If you find yourself missing an ingredient that this blueberry muffin smoothie calls for, check your fridge or pantry for one of the alternatives!
Out of blueberries? Use strawberries instead! This easy swap comes at a 1:1 ratio, and the substitution tastes great alongside the oats, nut butter, and milk.
Don’t worry, peanut butter lovers! You can absolutely skip the almond butter and use your beloved peanut butter in this recipe.
Any milk will work in this recipe, whether almond, cashew, coconut, or a dairy version.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Craving some more smoothie recipes? Try one of these! The key lime smoothie is one of my all time favorites.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- optional: 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (helps make it a little sweeter)
- Add everything together into high powered blender in order as listed.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top with granola, nuts or nut butter. Enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂