Keep dinner simple with Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs. This meal packs in nutrients and is made with bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, zucchini, and olives, all in one pan!
An easy one-pan meal
Do you ever have one of those days? You know the kind. You come home from work feeling drained, and the last thing you want to do is prepare a complex meal. I know that feeling all too well. So when those evenings roll around, I go with a one-pan recipe!
That’s exactly what this Greek sheet pan chicken thigh recipe is. It’s a throw-it-all-on-a-baking-sheet-and-be-done-with-it kind of meal that gets the job done and tastes delicious too! And the best part is that despite being simple, it doesn’t skimp out on nutrients.
This dish loads in protein and vegetables for a complete and well-rounded dinner option!
Ingredients in one pan Greek chicken thighs
This chicken-based dish is made not only with chicken thighs, but also with an array of vegetables, cheese, and even olives!
- Olive oil: First up, you will need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Red wine vinegar: 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar is used for flavor.
- Lemon: Follow the vinegar with the juice of 1 lemon.
- Dijon mustard: From there, throw in 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Spices: Then, add flavor with the spices. Include 3 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tsp of dried thyme, 1 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Chicken thighs: As for the chicken, you will need 8 boneless thighs.
- Zucchinis: First up for the veggies are 2 small zucchinis, diced!
- Red pepper: Add some bright red color with 1 red bell pepper (also diced).
- Yellow pepper: Do the same with 1 yellow bell pepper. You guessed it — diced.
- Red onion: Follow the peppers with 1 diced red onion.
- Cherry tomatoes: Last up for the veggies, you will need 1 pint of cherry tomatoes.
- Feta: Add cheesy flavor with 8 oz of feta cheese.
- Kalamata olives: 1 cup of kalamata olives will finish off the dish nicely!
- Parsley: For a final flavoring, use 1/2 cup of fresh chopped parsley.
Kitchen tools needed to make Greek sheet pan chicken thighs
To make sheet pan Greek chicken thighs, you will need a handful of tools and measuring cups. Below is a complete list.
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Mixing bowl
- Sheet pan
- Measuring cups: 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/2 cup, 1 cup
How to make Greek sheet pan chicken thighs
One of the great things about this recipe is that it only takes about 10 minutes of prep time. After that, the oven does the work!
First, preheat the oven to 425°.
In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
Add the chicken thighs to a bowl and pour half of the marinade on top. Mix until the chicken is coated.
Then, add the veggies to a sheet pan and pour the remaining marinade on top. Stir to mix until the veggies are coated.
Tuck the chicken thighs on the sheet pan between the veggies. It’s okay if they’re slightly overlapping.
Bake for 15 minutes, and then add the feta, olives, and parsley on top of the chicken and veggies. Bake for another 15-20 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven when the internal chicken temperature reaches 165°F.
Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
What to serve with this recipe
Since this recipe includes a bunch of veggies, it definitely works as a one-dish meal! However, if you’re wanting something extra on the side, consider baked or mashed potatoes. Any potato dish makes for a simple but filling option.
Another idea is mac and cheese! You can never go wrong with mac and cheese.
And if you want a healthy side, perhaps some steamed or air fried asparagus is in order!
Have a bit of leftovers? That’s okay, this dish stores well!
After the leftover chicken thighs and vegetables are cooled, place them in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy within 3 days.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Busy week ahead? Make dinner simple with these delicious one-pan recipes!
- One Sheet Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Turkey Meatloaf Dinner
- Fall One-Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Easy One Pan Salmon Dinner
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 small zucchinis, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz feta
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a bowl, whisk together, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken thighs to bowl and pour half of marinade over top. Mix until chicken is coated.
- Add all veggies to sheet pan and pour remaining marinade over top. Stir to mix together until veggies are coated.
- Tuck chicken thighs on and between veggies on sheet pan, they can be slightly overlapping veggies.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Add feta, olives, and parsley over top of chicken and veggies. Bake for another 15-20 minutes. Once chicken temp reads 165F, take out of oven.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂