Whip up this easy Almond Butter Grain Free Granola for enjoying with milk, atop yogurt, or baked into sweet treats! Made with three nuts, maple syrup, coconut, and more.
The most delicious grain-free granola
When it comes to snacking, not all snacks have to be bad for you! And on that note, healthy snacks don’t have to taste bland.
Today we’re making this delicious almond butter grain-free granola made with seeds, coconut, spices, and three types of nuts. It also uses almond butter as a natural thickener and maple syrup as a natural sweetener! It doesn’t get better than that.
Ingredients in almond butter grain-free granola
The ingredients for this granola are simple and can be found in any grocery store. Many items are probably already in your pantry!
- Nuts: First up are the nuts. You will need 1 cup of chopped walnuts, 1 cup of chopped pecans, and 1 cup of sliced almonds.
- Sunflower seeds: Next are the sunflower seeds! Use 1/2 cup.
- Coconut flakes: Include 1 cup of coconut flakes for both density and flavor.
- Chia seeds: Add some protein by sneaking in 1 tbsp of chia seeds.
- Cinnamon: 1 tsp of cinnamon will add delicious flavor.
- Salt: Can’t forget the salt! Use 1/4 tsp.
- Maple syrup: Next, sweeten things up by including 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- Almond butter: Finally, 1/3 cup of natural almond butter completes the granola and adds flavor and protein.
Kitchen tools used to make almond butter granola
You will need about 7 kitchen tools and 7 measuring cup sizes to prepare this granola recipe. Here’s everything you’ll need:
For measuring out ingredients, you will need the following sized measuring cups: 1/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make almond butter grain-free granola
This recipe takes about 10 minutes of prep time and 30 minutes of baking time. After that, you have delicious homemade granola to enjoy with your yogurts, parfaits, and more!
To begin, preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Then, grab a mixing bowl and combine the walnuts, pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut, and chia seeds.
Once mixed, stir in the cinnamon and salt.
Next, add the maple syrup and almond butter and stir until everything is combined.
Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and flatten it out into an even layer.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the coconut has turned golden brown. Let cool completely, and then break the granola into clusters and enjoy!
This granola can be stored in an airtight container and kept at room temperature. It will stay nice and fresh for about a month!
Want to mix some more ingredients into your granola? Here are some ideas! You can make it so many different ways, and many of the mix-ins can be combined for even more flavor.
- Dried fruit (strawberries, apples, bananas, mangos, etc.)
- Chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Dried cranberries
How to use granola
Granola can be used in so many ways! First, you can enjoy it as is, either dry or in a bowl with milk (like cereal). Second, you can use it as a topping for yogurt, parfaits, or even ice cream! Third, you can incorporate it into baked treats like brownies or cookies. Lastly, you can shape it into bars or balls and enjoy as protein bars or bites!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Granola can be prepared in so many different ways. Here are some more delicious flavors to try!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola
- Cake Batter Granola
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
- Healthy Almond Butter Granola
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup natural almond butter
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together walnuts, pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut, and chia seeds.
- Stir in cinnamon and salt.
- Add maple syrup and almond butter and stir until all combined.
- Dump onto baking sheet and flatten into even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until coconut has turned golden brown. Let cool completely before breaking into clusters.
- Store in airtight container.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂