These Flourless Almond Butter Cookies are the dreamiest, richest, and most delicious healthy cookie! They’re made with only a handful of simple ingredients and come together in less than thirty minutes.
Holy. Moly. Stop whatever you’re doing and go make these flourless sea salt almond butter cookies. They’re little pillows of sweet, rich, salty, soft, heavenly flavor. If that sounds like something you may like, then what are you waiting for?!
I spent the majority of my weekend out and about, but I made sure to set aside time to make these. Many people have requested that I make them again and again *cough Tom cough,* and who am I to deny someone of cookies? I took this as a chance to perfect the recipe, and after the third time making them, I’m confident these babies will blow you away.
For as long as I can remember, I’ve been a fan of sweet and salty. I was the girl who would ask for the pretzel cone at the ice cream parlor because the combination of pretzels and ice cream is my most beloved combo of foods (in addition to bananas and peanut butter). My mom got me started on it as a young girl. I think that’s why I was inspired to create a recipe like this!
I also like making flourless recipes to change it up sometimes and wanted to share my Flourless Peanut Butter Blondies too.
Ingredients needed to make sweet and salty cookies
For these treats, only 9 different ingredients are required, including vanilla and baking soda! That being said, you probably already have most of these in your pantry.
- Almond butter
- Coconut sugar
- Baking Soda
- Salt (if almond butter is unsalted)
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped almonds
- Sea salt
Kitchen tools needed to make this recipe
I love that this recipe only requires three materials to make. These include a large mixing bowl, a baking sheet, and parchment paper. You could probably get away without parchment paper by greasing your cookie sheet or using a non-stick pan!
A healthy cookie recipe
Like I mentioned, I love a good sweet and salty combo. These treats are just that! What makes them even better is the fact that they’re healthier than other cookies.
I definitely can’t complain about a healthy and delicious cookie!
These are gluten and dairy free, and they’re an absolute dream! In place of flour, I used a combination of almond butter and coconut sugar. The result is a much more nutrient-dense dough than we’d have if we used flour and white sugar.
If you’d like, you could make these treats even more nutrient-dense by using dark chocolate chips!
How to perfect flourless almond butter cookies
These snacks are incredibly easy to make. From start to finish, they require less than 30 minutes!
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a large bowl, mix together almond butter and coconut sugar.
- Add the egg and mix, then add the vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Finally, add chocolate chips and almonds, and again stir until combined.
- Let your dough chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Place in 2 tbsp balls on a parchment lined baking sheet and press down slightly.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, and then bake for 12-14 minutes. The cookies will look soft but will set as they cool.
How to store almond butter cookies
To store these delicious treats, simply keep them at room temperature in an airtight container. They should remain fresh for up to 3-4 days! However, you should not expect them to last that long. They’re just too tasty!
Looking for more tasty cookie recipes? Try these!
- Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Healthy Oatmeal Tahini Cookies
- Flourless Double Chocolate Cookies
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @erinliveswhole on Instagram and use the hashtag #erinliveswhole so I can see it and feature you!
- 1 cup almond butter – the thicker the better (will spread less)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (only if almond butter is unsalted)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, mix together almond butter and coconut sugar.
- Add in egg and mix.
- Mix in vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- Add chocolate chips and almonds and stir till combined.
- Let chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Place in 2 Tbsp balls on parchment lined baking sheets, and only press down slightly.
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Bake for 12 -14 minutes. They will look soft but will set as they cool.
- Let cool completely before eating.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂