Flourless Double Chocolate Cookies are fudgy, slightly chewy, easy to make, and filled with chocolate. In less than fifteen minutes, you’ll have a batch of healthy chocolate cookies!
The most delicious double chocolate flourless cookies
Two weekends ago I “moved” into my new apartment in Philadelphia and I’ve been spending time cleaning, organizing, and getting settled. I think it will take some time before we feel settled but it helps that the area where we are living is so cute and is located in a little neighborhood.
I’m so excited to check out the restaurants, shops, and exercise spots around the neighborhood. But most importantly, I can’t wait to start dreaming up tons of recipes in the new kitchen!
First up? Flourless double chocolate cookies.
These cookies are dreamy and made with normal cookie ingredients (sugar, egg, vanilla), but without flour! This is achieved by using nut butter as a thickener and making sure the dough is chilled before separating into cookies.
Ingredients in flourless double chocolate cookies
It has been my personal mission to make a batch of cookies that actually do not taste “healthified” in any way possible. That’s exactly what these are! Tom voted them “the best thing I’ve made since starting the blog.” I would call that a success.
The best part? They require only 8 ingredients and you probably already have them all on hand. Oh, and they’re healthy. Double win. Enjoy these flourless double chocolate cookies!
- Egg: First up, you’ll need 1 egg.
- Coconut sugar: Then, 1 cup of coconut sugar will sweeten things up.
- Peanut butter: To thicken up the batter, use 1 cup of cold peanut or almond butter. If the nut butter is room temp, be sure to let the dough chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before rolling into cookies.
- Vanilla extract: Next up, use 1 tsp of vanilla extract for flavor.
- Cocoa powder: 1/3 cup of cocoa powder is going to add the chocolate flavor to the batter!
- Baking soda: 1 tsp of baking soda will help the cookies reach the right texture.
- Salt: If your nut butter isn’t salted, throw in a pinch of salt.
- Chocolate chips: Last but not least, finish off the batter with 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
Kitchen tools needed to make flourless double chocolate chip cookies
To make your flourless double chocolate cookies, you will need a few kitchen tools. I recommend gathering everything before you begin!
For measuring out ingredients, you will need 1 tsp, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup sized measuring cups.
How to make flourless double chocolate chip cookies
Though these cookies are made without flour, they come together just like any other cookie recipe. Here’s how it’s done.
First, preheat the oven to 350°F.
Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
Next, add the cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and stir until combined. It may get thick here, almost like playdough, but stir until completely combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Use around two tablespoons of dough at a time and roll into balls. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Add more chocolate chips to the top of the dough balls if desired.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
How are these cookies healthier?
One of my favorite parts of running this blog is getting to create baked treats that are made with healthier ingredients! At the same time, I don’t go for “fake” ingredients and aim to keep everything as natural as possible. That’s where ingredients like those listed below come in! I used two and skipped the third to make these cookies as healthy as possible.
Natural nut butter
Whether you choose peanut or almond butter for the nut butter, I recommend going with an all-natural version! This will help reduce preservatives in your cookies and contribute a bit of extra nutrients.
Lastly, this recipe does not use flour, which helps make it that much healthier!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter, cold from the fridge. (If not using cold, let batter rest in fridge for 30 min before rolling into cookies)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt if nut butter isn’t salted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg and coconut sugar.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Then add cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt – stir until combined. It may get thick here, almost like playdough, but stir until completely combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using around two tablespoons of dough, roll in balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Add more chocolate chips into the top if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂