Get ready for your new favorite holiday cookie recipe! Healthy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies combine the comfort of chocolate with the zing of cranberries. This recipe requires less than 20 minutes!
Delicious and healthy white chocolate cranberry cookies
One of my favorite parts of the holidays involves baking! I love to create a huge selection of cookies and treats to spoil my friends and family with over the holiday season. I make everything: cookies, brownies, cakes, pies, cupcakes, fudge… if you can name it, I’ve probably made it!
I’m excited to be introducing a new treat into the lineup this winter: healthy white chocolate cranberry cookies! These cookies are absolutely phenomenal. The chocolate melts in your mouth, and the cranberries supply a nice zing of flavor.
I love that this recipe uses simple ingredients and is very easy to make. The holidays tend to be really busy, but making these cookies requires less than 20 minutes. They’re the perfect time-crunch treat!
These are made with oatmeal, but it is important to note that they are not gluten free. If you’re in need of some GF treat ideas, check out my recipes for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, Peppermint Brownies, and No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars!
Ingredients needed to make cranberry chocolate cookies
This ingredient list may seem extensive for simple cookies, but trust that this recipe is easy and very low maintenance. Here’s a list of everything you’ll need to bring these holiday cookies to life:
- Quick oats
- White whole wheat flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Melted butter
- Coconut sugar
- Mini white chocolate chips
- Dried cranberries
Kitchen tools needed for cranberry cookies
These cookies are quite low maintenance and only require the use of five kitchen tools. You’ll need two mixing bowls, a spatula or mixing spoon, a baking sheet, and parchment paper. That’s it!
How to prepare these holiday treats
These treats cookies are made using what will probably be the simplest recipe that you see all season!
To start, mix all of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients until well combined.
Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry, stirring as you pour.
Next, add the white chocolate chips and the cranberries, and fold until everything is well combined.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and place 3/4″ – 1″ balls of dough onto the sheet. Slightly flatten before baking.
Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes.
How to make vegan chocolate cranberry treats
If you’d like to “veganize” this recipe, it will only require swapping one single ingredient: butter. Instead of using traditional butter, simply substitute with the vegan butter of your choice.
P.S. Be sure you’re using vegan white chocolate chips, too!
A healthier cookie recipe
To keep these cookies on the healthier side, there are a few ingredients I was sure to use, and a few I was sure to leave out.
- Quick oats: Oats will help us form the bulk of these cookies. I love using oats because they provide a great source of protein and fiber!
- White whole wheat flour: Rather than using all-purpose flour, I use white whole wheat in this recipe. It’s more nutrient-dense, and it tastes great!
How to store these healthy cookies
White chocolate cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. To enjoy the freshest cookies possible, be sure to consume within 3 days. If you keep them refrigerated, enjoy within 4 days.
More delicious holiday recipes
If you’re looking for some more dessert ideas perfect for the holidays, you’ll have to try these!
- Double Chocolate Mint Paleo Cookies
- Gluten Free Peppermint Brownies
- Flourless Double Chocolate Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 1.5 cup quick oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp orange zest (optional but adds delicious flavor)
- 1/2 cup mini white chips (whole foods)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Add in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and flatten slightly, shaping into cookies.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool before eating.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂