Enjoy a delicious cranberry treat with this Holiday Margarita recipe. It’s made with only 5 ingredients and ready to enjoy in under 2 minutes!
The most delicious cranberry margarita recipe
When it comes to drinks, margaritas are good at one thing in particular: being versatile. These days, you can find them in every flavor, from regular lime to watermelon, strawberry, or even grapefruit!
Today, I’m teaching you how to put a spin on the recipe by using cranberry juice. It’s quick and easy to prepare, and it makes for the perfect beverage to enjoy while relaxing on the couch cuddled under a cozy blanket!
So without further ado, here’s how to make a holiday margarita.
Ingredients in this holiday drink with tequila
We’re switching up this margarita recipe by adding cranberry juice. After that, you’ll need standard marg ingredients like lime juice, triple sec, tequila, and syrup!
- Cranberry juice: First up, you will need 6oz of cranberry juice.
- Lime juice: Follow that with 2oz of lime juice. The lime compliments the cranberry so well!
- Triple sec: Use 2oz of triple sec to create the perfect holiday margarita.
- Tequila: Finally, the tequila! Use 4oz of your favorite brand.
- Simple syrup: Last but not least, add 1oz of simple syrup.
- Garnishes: To garnish, salt the rim and add cranberries and lime wedges on top.
Bar tools to help make this recipe
To make these margaritas, you will need a shaker along with with an oz measurer to measure out all of the ingredients. That’s it!
How to make a delicious tequila and cranberry holiday margarita
This recipe couldn’t be simpler. Just mix the ingredients and enjoy!
First, grab two glasses and salt (or sugar) the rims. Then, add ice.
Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker, followed by ice. Shake everything for a few seconds to mix. Strain the margarita into the glasses, and then garnish with cranberries and lime wedges.
Can I use a flavor other than cranberry?
You can! The cranberry juice can be substituted with any preferred flavor. Try strawberry, watermelon, or grapefruit for some easy swaps!
Can I double this recipe?
This recipe can be easily doubled depending on the size of your shaker. In many cases, two servings is the most a shaker will hold. But don’t let that stop you from making a few batches for all of your friends to enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
In the mood for some more delicious cocktail recipes? Here are some ideas to try!
Photos by Moriah Sawtelle and recipe by Erin Antoniak.
- 6oz cranberry juice
- 2 oz lime juice
- 2oz triple sec
- 4oz tequila
- 1oz simple syrup
- garnish: salt for rim, cranberries, lime wedge
- Rim glasses with salt (or sugar), then add ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, add all ingredients and fill it with ice. Strain margarita into glasses. Garnish with cranberries and lime.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂