Upgrade your espresso martini with this peppermint rendition. Made with only 5 ingredients, this Peppermint Espresso Martini comes together in just a couple of minutes!
The best peppermint espresso martini recipe
By now I’m sure you’ve been seeing espresso martinis pop up on menus at all of your favorite restaurants. The fad is real, and they are everywhere! But how about switching up the flavor a bit?
Today, I’m showing you how to make the best peppermint espresso martini, made with the same ingredients (vodka, Kahlua, espresso), in addition to a few extra items.
Ingredients in peppermint espresso martinis
To make this recipe, you only need 5 different ingredients. A couple of items are probably already in your kitchen (like the espresso, creamer, and potentially the peppermint extract!).
- Vodka: The base of this martini is made with 3 oz of vodka. Any brand works, and unflavored is best!
- Kahlua: Next, add coffee flavor with 3 oz of Kahlua. You can also use coffee liquor if preferred.
- Espresso: Add the espresso in the amount of 3 oz.
- Creamer: Next, add flavor with 3 oz of either vanilla or peppermint creamer.
- Peppermint extract: Follow that with more peppermint flavor by adding 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract.
- Toppings: Optionally top with melted chocolate or more crushed peppermint candies.
Bar tools needed to make an espresso martini
To make a peppermint martini, you will need a few kitchen tools, starting with a cutting board and knife to chop the peppermint candies. You could also place the peppermints in a baggie and crush them with a mallet. Next up, you will need a shaker, a 1oz measuring cup, and a 1/4 tsp measuring cup. That’s it!
How to make a peppermint espresso martini
This recipe comes together in under 5 minutes and makes two servings.
First, dip the cocktail glasses in melted chocolate and then roll the rims into the crushed candy canes.
Add ice to a large shaker, followed by the vodka, Kahlua, espresso, creamer, and peppermint extract. Shake for at least one minute to help build foam.
Pour the mixture into the rimmed glasses, and enjoy!
Add extra peppermint flavor
Wondering how you can add even more flavor to your martini? One easy way is to use peppermint vodka! This will infuse some extra minty taste.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Looking for some more tasty drink ideas? Try these!
- 3oz vodka
- 3oz kahlua (or coffee liqueur)
- 3oz espresso
- 3oz vanilla or peppermint creamer
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- optional: melted chocolate & crushed peppermint candies
- Dip cocktail glasses in melted chocolate, then roll into crushed candy canes.
- In a large shaker, add ice. Then add vodka, kahlua, espresso, creamer, and peppermint extract. Shake for at least one minute to help build foam.
- Pour into rimmed glass and serve.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂