Enjoy a sweet, cinnamon treat with this Snickerdoodle Protein Smoothie. It makes the perfect breakfast, snack, or post-workout bite!
The best snickerdoodle smoothie recipe
Sometimes a high-protein meal is in order but you don’t feel like cooking! Maybe it’s after a workout, maybe it’s in the morning to fuel your day, or maybe you just need a snack. Whatever the case may be, this snickerdoodle protein smoothie is great way to hit your protein target and enjoy a sweet treat!
Made with almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon, banana, and your favorite protein powder, this yummy shake tastes exactly like a snickerdoodle cookie. It also uses egg whites for even more protein!
It’s ready in under 5 minutes. You know what that means — it makes a fabulous quick and easy breakfast meal. No need to rush out the door with a grumbling belly over here!
Ingredients in this snickerdoodle protein smoothie
This snickerdoodle smoothie tastes exactly like a rich, fresh-out-of-the-oven snickerdoodle cookie. To achieve that flavor, we’re mixing almond butter and cinnamon into the recipe, two ingredients that bring about that classic ‘doodle taste!
- Ice: Start with 1 cup of ice.
- Banana: From there, add 1/2 of a banana.
- Milk: Add liquid with 1/2 cup of almond milk.
- Protein powder: For the protein, add 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder.
- Almond butter: Next, thicken the smoothie with 1 tsp of almond butter.
- Egg white: 1/4 cup of egg whites will add extra protein and work as a thickening agent.
- Vanilla: Include extra flavor with 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Cinnamon: Likewise, add 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Xantham gum: Finally, optionally finish off your smoothie making with 1/2 tsp of xantham gum.
Tools needed to make this recipe
To create this smoothie, you will need a high speed blender and a spatula or spoon for scraping down the sides. For measuring out ingredients, you will need 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make a snickerdoodle smoothie with protein
Smoothies are a great morning meal because they’re quick and easy to make. Just throw everything into a blender and mix!
First, add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender.
Blend on high speed until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
Pour into a glass and serve!
Here are some quick and easy ways to customize your snickerdoodle protein shake to your liking.
This recipe calls for almond milk, but any type will work. You can use nut or dairy milk.
You can replace the almond butter with any nut butter. Use a 1:1 ratio.
Looking to veganize your smoothie? You can omit the egg or use a plant-based alternative like Just Egg!
How many servings does this recipe make?
These ingredients make a heaping, satisfying serving for one. If making for more to enjoy, use the recipe card below to easily double the ingredients. I recommend making only 1-2 servings at a time to be sure that the ingredients will fit in the blender.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
The best part of this high protein smoothie is hands down the cinnamon. If you want some more cinnamon-filled recipes, try these!
- Healthy Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Skillet Cookie
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Tahini Freezer Fudge
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein (30g)
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup egg white (from a container so it’s pasturized)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum (optional but helps thicken)
- In a high speed blender, add ingredients as listed.
- Blend on high speed until completely smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour into glass and serve!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂