Enjoy a tasty drink made with apple cider, bourbon, and ginger beer, and garnished with cocktail cherries, apple slices, and cinnamon!
The most delicious bourbon cider cocktail for fall
Mmm, bourbon apple cider cocktails. Easy to make, delicious to drink, and loved by anyone who tries a sip! These yummy beverages are a great way to enjoy the flavors of the season. They’re made with a mix of apple cider, bourbon, and ginger beer along with the tanginess of some lemon juice and the subtle flavor of vanilla.
These are perfect for friendsgiving, football tailgates, or just a laidback evening spent watching your favorite show.
If the kiddos want their own version of this festive fall drink, simple omit the bourbon and add an extra 1/2 tsp of vanilla! You may need a dash of water as well.
Ingredients in bourbon apple cider cocktails
You will need six ingredients to create these beverages. Begin with your favorite apple cider and bourbon, and then add flavor with lemon and vanilla!
- Apple cider: Begin with 6 oz of your favorite cider.
- Bourbon: Then, use 4 oz of bourbon! If you don’t have an oz measure, you can use a shot glass to measure. Use 2 and 2/3 shots.
- Lemon: Next, use the juice from half of a lemon to add a bit of zing.
- Vanilla: Follow that with 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Ginger beer: Add 1 full can of either ginger beer or ginger ale.
- Garnish: Last but not least, garnish with cocktail cherries, apple slices, and cinnamon sticks!
Tools needed to create this drink
We’re keeping things simple with the kitchen items list. To make your cocktail, you will need a shaker, a spoon, and two measuring cups: 1 oz and 1 tsp.
How to make an apple cider bourbon cocktail
Making this drink is quick and easy! Mix everything together, pour over ice, fill with ginger beer (or ale), and garnish! For a more detailed breakdown, see below:
Grab your shaker and add some ice followed by the apple cider, bourbon, lemon juice, and vanilla. Shake until well combined.
Next, pour the bourbon mixture evenly into two cocktail glasses filled with ice. Fill the glass the rest of the way with ginger beer or ginger ale. Use a spoon to mix everything.
Garnish with cherries, apple slices, and cinnamon sticks, and serve!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Enjoy some tasty meals that feature pumpkin, apple, and other fall ingredients!
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by Quarter Soul Crisis
- 6oz apple cider
- 4oz bourbon (our favorite brands include Woodford Reserve + Basil Hayden’s)
- juice of half lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 can ginger beer or ginger ale
- cocktail cherry, apples, and cinnamon sticks for garnish
- In a shaker, add ice and then add apple cider, bourbon, lemon juice and vanilla. Shake.
- Pour bourbon mixture evenly into two cocktail glasses filled with ice. Top remainder of way with ginger beer. Stir with spoon.
- Add cherries, apples, and cinnamon sticks and serve.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂