Cool down with a refreshing and delicious Coconut Margarita made with coconut milk, tequila, and lime juice, and complete with a honey and toasted coconut rim!
A quick and easy coconut lime margarita
Coconut lovers, this one is for you! If I had to choose the best part of this recipe, it would be a struggle. Between the flavor of the drink, the honey-infused rim, the toasted coconut, and the lime, this drink is certainly not short on flavor.
This coconut margarita recipe is a twist on a classic margarita and is made with regular margarita ingredients and the addition of coconut milk! It’s quick and easy to prepare, and the honey and toasted coconut rim is the perfect final touch.
Ingredients in this coconut margarita recipe
To make a coconut margarita, we need a few items for the drink itself, as well as a few items for the rim. Below is everything you’ll need to make two servings of this delicious drink.
- Coconut milk: First up is 1 cup of coconut milk from a can.
- Tequila: Use a blanco (not gold) tequila in the amount of 1/2 cup.
- Triple sec: Next, add a bit of citrus flavor with 1/4 cup of triple sec liquor.
- Lime juice: Gotta have the lime juice! Use 1/4 cup.
- Simple syrup or agave: Finally, use 2-3 tbsp of simple syrup or agave. You can use more or less depending on how sweet you prefer your margarita.
- Honey: First up for the rim will be honey. You’ll need enough to coat the rim edges of two glasses.
- Toasted coconut: Then, use 1/4 cup of toasted coconut to complete the rim. You can create toasted coconut by heating it over medium heat for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Lime: Garnish with dried or fresh lime slices!
Kitchen tools you’ll need to make this recipe
To make this recipe, you will need a handful of measuring cups, tools, and dishes.
- Measuring glass
- Two plates
- Measuring cups: 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup
How to make this coconut margarita recipe
This drink comes together in under 2-3 minutes and creates two servings. Let’s get started!
First, open the can of coconut milk and pour it into a measuring glass. Whisk until it’s totally smooth and all liquid.
Then, fill a large shaker halfway with ice.
Add the coconut milk, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and simple syrup to the shaker. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
Finally, add ice to the glasses and then pour the margarita mixture evenly into both. Top with dried or fresh limes and enjoy!
You would be shocked at how delicious honey tastes when paired with the citrus and coconut flavors of this margarita! It adds a sweet element that bites the tang and tastes great with the toasted coconut.
But, don’t worry if you’re not a honey fan. Simply use a slice of lime instead! Line the rims with the lime and then dip the rims in the toasted coconut.
How to double this recipe
The ingredient amounts listed above will create 2 margaritas. To serve 4, simply double them!
In total, you will need the following:
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 cup of tequila
- 1/2 cup of triple sec
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- 4-6 tbsp of syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup of toasted coconut
Note: Depending on the size of your shaker, you will likely still need to make 2 margaritas at a time. If you’d like to make everything at once, feel free to use a pitcher!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Enjoy some more refreshing flavors with these yummy drink recipes!
- Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail
- Watermelon Kombucha Cocktail
- Gold Rush Bourbon Cocktail
- Salty Dog Cocktail
Photos by Moriah Sawtelle and recipe by Erin Antoniak.
- 1 cup coconut milk (from can)
- 1/2 cup blanco tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2–3 tbsp simple syrup or agave, depending on how sweet you prefer
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut (heat over medium heat for a few minutes until golden brown)
- dried or fresh lime slices
- Open can of coconut milk, pour into measuring glass. Whisk until totally smooth and all liquid.
- In a large shaker, fill halfway with ice.
- Add coconut milk, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and simple syrup. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Line two small plates with honey and toasted coconut. Dip glass rim in honey then in coconut to make a toasted coconut rim.
- Add ice to glasses, then pour margarita mixture evenly into both. Top with dried or fresh limes. Enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂