Are you looking for a light, refreshing cocktail to enjoy poolside? You HAVE to make this ranch water recipe. This delicious drink is made with tequila, Topo Chico sparkling mineral water, fresh strawberries and mint, and lime juice. With its bright flavors and beautiful presentation, it’s sure to be a hit at any summer gathering! So if you’re ready to make some ranch water of your own, follow this simple recipe and get ready to sip in style.
Refreshing strawberry mint ranch water
I am SO ready for summer – and all the cocktails that come with it! I mean, we’ve got the classic skinny margarita and grapefruit salty dog cocktail. So, my newest cocktail for this summer season is going to be this strawberry mint ranch water.
A texas-inspired cocktail, the classic ranch water recipe calls for tequila, Topo Chico, lime juice, and ice. I choose to take this cocktail up a notch by adding fresh strawberries and mint leaves. It’s light and fruity with just a hint of tartness from the limes.
This ranch water recipe is one of my all-time favorites because it’s refreshing, flavorful, and perfect to enjoy in the summer sun.
I promise you will thoroughly enjoy this drink!
Making this ranch water cocktail has never been easier.
Here’s a bit more about what I used:
- Strawberries: The sweeter the strawberry, the better! Adding this berry as the base of the cocktail drink adds brightness and flavor. I prefer to use fresh strawberries, but you can use frozen ones if you’re in a pinch. Just allow them to thaw a bit so you can muddle them with the mint.
- Mint: Mint is the key to giving ranch water its signature flavor. The combination of strawberry and mint creates a beautiful, sweet taste that can’t be beat. You’ll need about 4 sprigs of fresh mint leaves.
- Lime juice: Lime juice adds acidity and helps provide a balance to the sweetness of the strawberries. If you have any leftovers, slice them up into wedges to serve as a garnish with the ranch water.
- Tequila: Tequila is the classic base spirit for this ranch water recipe. No, it’s not necessary, but it does add a nice kick to the drink. For this cocktail recipe, I recommend using blanco tequila.
- Topo Chico: This sparkling mineral water is the perfect way to top off your ranch water cocktail. I’m partial to Topo Chico because of its classic bubbly flavor, but you can use any sparkling or mineral water you prefer.
Note: You can also serve this cocktail with a salted rim and lime wedge.
Kitchen tools required
Here’s a bit more information about what I used to make this strawberry mint ranch water.
- Cocktail glasses
- Shot glasses (for measuring)
- Cocktail muddler
For measuring, you will need a measuring cup.
How to make ranch water
Start off by muddling two strawberries and two mint leaves together until they are completely mashed in two glasses.
Afterward, fill each glass with ice before pouring 2 ounces of tequila and the juice from half a lime into them.
Finally, top off your creations with Topo Chico or other seltzer water; mix gently using a spoon to combine all ingredients perfectly.
Serve chilled, accompanied by fresh lime wedges for a perfectly sweet drink that you’re sure to love!
What to serve alongside strawberry mint ranch water
This delicious cocktail is best enjoyed with light snacks like chips and dips, or even tacos.
My favorite dips right now are:
Tip: No matter what you choose to have with your ranch water, don’t forget the sunscreen!
Below are some common ranch water questions. Don’t see the answer you’re looking for? Leave a comment at the bottom of this post!
What’s the best type of tequila for ranch water?
For this particular cocktail, I recommend using a blanco tequila as it has the cleanest and pure flavor. Silver or reposado tequilas would also work well!
Can I use other types of berries?
Absolutely! You can use any type of berry, such as blueberries or raspberries, for this recipe.
Can I omit the tequila?
Yes! If you prefer a non-alcoholic version of ranch water, simply omit the tequila and double up on the Topo Chico.
What can I use besides mint leaves?
If you’re not a fan of mint, you can try to use basil or rosemary leaves.
Can ranch water be made with any type of sparkling water?
Yes! Topo Chico is my go-to, but feel free to use any type of sparkling water that you prefer.
Would flavored sparkling water work in this ranch water recipe?
It’s definitely possible. However, keep in mind that the flavor of your ranch water will be affected by whatever type of sparkling water you use.
Is this ranch water cocktail gluten-free?
Yes, this ranch water recipe is gluten-free.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Here are some more of my favorite mixed drink recipes to make. Enjoy!
- Salty Dog Cocktail
- Watermelon Kombucha Cocktail
- Classic Skinny Margarita
- Easy White Sangria Recipe
- Watermelon Margarita
Photos by Moriah Sawtelle and recipe by Erin Antoniak.
- 4 strawberries
- 4 sprigs mint
- 1 lime
- 2 oz blanco tequila
- 4–6oz topo chico or other fizzy seltzer water
- optional: salted rim, lime wedge
- In two glasses, muddle 2 strawberries and 2 mint leaves together until well mashed.
- Add in ice to the top of both glasses.
- Pour in 2oz tequila and the juice of half a lime into each glass.
- Top with topo chico or other seltzer water. Use a spoon to mix gently.
- Serve with lime wedge. Enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂